Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2012 · M mount for V1/J1??

lxdesign
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · M mount for V1/J1??

Sorry if there is already a topic on this.

Has anyone yet produced an M mount adapter for the Nikon 1 system?

Feb 23, 2012 at 08:42 PM
freaklikeme
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · M mount for V1/J1??

There's Rainbow Imaging's adapter here on the Bay.

Feb 23, 2012 at 09:36 PM
Lotusm50
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · M mount for V1/J1??

Hard for me to imagine someone bothering with this. The sensor is just so small. So much better off with a NEX for about the same money.

Feb 23, 2012 at 09:48 PM
lxdesign
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · M mount for V1/J1??

Lotusm50 wrote:
Hard for me to imagine someone bothering with this. The sensor is just so small. So much better off with a NEX for about the same money.

So you automatically discount it, just because of the sensor size.

Feb 24, 2012 at 05:03 PM
jotdeh
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · M mount for V1/J1??

lxdesign wrote:

I would, too.

Feb 24, 2012 at 05:15 PM
lxdesign
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · M mount for V1/J1??

I can personally say that I am impressed with this camera's performance - small sensor and all.

Feb 24, 2012 at 05:20 PM
jotdeh
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · M mount for V1/J1??

It really doesn't (imho) make sense.
What lens are you thinking of mounting on it?

Feb 24, 2012 at 05:33 PM
bluetsunami
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · M mount for V1/J1??

You lose the biggest reason to get the camera (and compromising sensor size) when using an M lens. The good AF tracking. Unless one is a fan of the stylings It'd seem to make more sense to get a m4/3rd or NEX cam for the bump in sensor size since the V1/J1 aren't particularly smaller than the competition. But everyone has their own reasons for their gear purchases.

Feb 24, 2012 at 05:41 PM
sebboh
• • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · M mount for V1/J1??

lxdesign wrote:

for using FF lenses, yes. as a camera for using native lenses or c-mount lenses, no.

Feb 24, 2012 at 05:56 PM
telyt
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · M mount for V1/J1??

sebboh wrote:
for using FF lenses, yes. as a camera for using native lenses or c-mount lenses, no.

+1

using a full-frame lens on 4/3 is a waste of 75% of the lens' image circle, even more is wasted on a 1-system camera.

Feb 24, 2012 at 06:13 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Lotusm50
• • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · M mount for V1/J1??

lxdesign wrote:

Yes, indeed.

Bigger sensor, with virtually the same size body for the virtually the same price buying other cameras. If you're going to use alt lenses, why bother? As telyt suggests, why waste all that image circle if you don't have to?

Even C-mount lenses are better off with the m4/3rds camera.

Feb 24, 2012 at 08:10 PM
hotwire

p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · M mount for V1/J1??

I think I'm part to blame here for showing lxdesign in real life what I do with m NEX-5 (soon to be 7, hopefully) and a couple M-mount CV lenses.

That being said, considering the discussion of corner smearing of the CV 25/4 on the NEX-7, would the same lens not function 'better' on the V1 because of the increased crop factor? (Devil's advocate).

Feb 25, 2012 at 06:44 PM
alemmo
• •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · M mount for V1/J1??

makes no sense to me either. The Nex 5N is about the same price, pretty much the same size, much bigger sensor, focus peaking, better IQ, DR.

Feb 25, 2012 at 07:03 PM
jotdeh
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · M mount for V1/J1??

hotwire wrote:
I think I'm part to blame here for showing lxdesign in real life what I do with m NEX-5 (soon to be 7, hopefully) and a couple M-mount CV lenses.

That being said, considering the discussion of corner smearing of the CV 25/4 on the NEX-7, would the same lens not function 'better' on the V1 because of the increased crop factor? (Devil's advocate).

For this particular lens both Nex 5N and M43 would be better choices.

Feb 25, 2012 at 07:09 PM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · M mount for V1/J1??

For those who don't think the V1 makes any sense for much of anything, I don't think they are aware of some of the advantages this camera has over any other camera on the market.

Varied Thrush

Review of camera for anyone interested:

http://nikonrumors.com/2011/12/19/the-nikon-1-system-a-nr-hands-on-review-by-cary-jordan.aspx/

When I receive the FT-1 adapter, I will be testing it on my 300 f4 lens, which will give me a 35mm equivalent of 810mm f4.

Feb 25, 2012 at 07:23 PM
jotdeh
• • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · M mount for V1/J1??

Imagemaster wrote:
For those who don't think the V1 makes any sense for much of anything, I don't think they are aware of some of the advantages this camera has over any other camera on the market.

Varied Thrush

http://nikonrumors.com/2011/12/19/the-nikon-1-system-a-nr-hands-on-review-by-cary-jordan.aspx/

When I receive the FT-1 adapter, I will be testing it on my 300 f4 lens, which will give me a 35mm equivalent of 810mm f4.

That's a nice photo, and indeed, for tele applications it can make sens if the lens resolution holds up. Even a 35mm M turns into a medium tele, so there's plenty of choice

Feb 25, 2012 at 07:44 PM
carstenw
• • • • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · M mount for V1/J1??

telyt wrote:
+1

using a full-frame lens on 4/3 is a waste of 75% of the lens' image circle, even more is wasted on a 1-system camera.

Unless of course you can make nice photos with it, in which case the end justifies the means

I find the V1 alluring because my 70-200 VR II turns into a monster stabilized lens. Apart from that I think I prefer the MFT system...

Feb 25, 2012 at 07:56 PM
douglasf13
• • • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · M mount for V1/J1??

Imagemaster wrote:

Varied Thrush

Not exactly sure what that has to do with M lenses on the camera, which is what the thread is about.

Feb 25, 2012 at 10:54 PM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · M mount for V1/J1??

So ignore it.

Feb 25, 2012 at 11:08 PM
freaklikeme
• • • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · M mount for V1/J1??

Is it completely out of the realm of possibility that someone who normally shoots a rangefinder might find him or herself with one of the little Nikons for a travel companion/snapshot camera? And might that person also find themselves curious what their awesome little 35 cron ASPH looks like on the Nikon sensor?

Not everyone buys the mirrorless wonders as a digital rangefinder pacifier.

Feb 26, 2012 at 03:24 AM
       2       end

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password