Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Learning to see differently...what is your take...

PerlaD300
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Learning to see differently...what is your take...

Have been trying to compose some unique perspective and I guess some worked out and some didn't...here are some pics....would like to hear your C&C...

Pic1:

Pic2:

Pic3:Snow step

Pic4: Sun Burst

Pic5:

Love to hear your take on these...Thanks...
-Perla

Feb 23, 2012 at 04:49 PM
Bernie
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Learning to see differently...what is your take...

I especially like #1. Perhaps a slightly different angle would be more powerful which would give a better indication of the sharpness of the foregorund disc and use the distortion of the WA to show the circularity of the others.

#2 might be improved by having a bit more of the tractor as a recognizable silhouette, perhaps showing more of the wheels.

Feb 23, 2012 at 05:02 PM
pdx_B-Rad
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Learning to see differently...what is your take...

Perla,

For the dock image you may want to remove the distortion and straighten the horizon. I gave it a quick go without getting to involved in it. Just did a distortion correction quick horizon adjust and a pass of smart sharp.

I like the others and hope others will chime in that know more about comp etc.. keep on shooting.

Feb 23, 2012 at 05:11 PM
fracas
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Learning to see differently...what is your take...

My preferred is #5, but I would straighten the horizon
I also like #1
In #3 I would eliminate tree branches on top left
In # 2 I suggest to lighten a bit the bottom

Hope to have been useful... cheers, francesco

Feb 23, 2012 at 05:58 PM
cgardner
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Learning to see differently...what is your take...

#1 - The interest here is in the repeating pattern of the disks, but I find my eye distracted by all the other stuff in the frame. This edit isolates them as the focal point. I also pulled more detail out of the shadows...

#2 - It looks unbalanced and bottom heavy to me. Too much negative space with no detail. This crop appeals to me more. The sun is a natural focal point, but the light out on the pole pulls the eye over to the right past the cab of the tractor.

#3 - This one just doesn't appeal to me on any level. I didn't recognize the marks in the snow as a set of footprints and they don't form any strong pattern to follow. It would be more interesting if the person who made the tracks was seen receding into the background or some other focal point besides the tree.

#4 - Nine star burst from the sun but that's the only thing of interest in the shot. it would be a great background for a portrait subject in the foreground lit with flash with the sunburst over their shoulder, but as a scenic there's nothing interesting here.

#5 - Another great background which needs something interesting looming large the foreground as a focal point.

Of the set thing #1 is the winner in terms of giving me something interesting to look at and presenting a familiar object in an unusual way. I love shooting with my 10-22mm lens for that reason. It creates perspective I don't normally see by eye. #5 has the same interesting perspective by lacks the interesting content of #1.

Feb 23, 2012 at 11:30 PM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password