Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Remote Camera Cable

Two23
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Remote Camera Cable

I'm using a Nikon d300 with 10-pin remote socket, and use CyberSync triggers to remote fire the camera. I've been using a $30 cable to connect the trigger to the camera. This one has a little switch that I push to engage the trigger or alternately view photos on camera LCD. I've not been happy with this cable. I find it fiddly, as if it has a short in it. (Second cable I've had.) The other thing is I have to pump the trigger twice to get it to fire. (I have AF turned off.) I need something more reliable. Suggestions? I'm using the remote release to fire the camera so I can take photos of myself in a scene. I'm also firing a set of flash from my camera using CyberSync CST in the hotshoe, tuned to different channel.

Kent in SD

Feb 23, 2012 at 02:38 PM
Monkey Falls
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Remote Camera Cable

I use FlashZebra products with great success.

FlashZebra

If that's what you are already using, I would recommend contacting FlashZebra. FlashZebra customer support is the best.

If it's not what you are using, then I would recommend that you give it a try.

Feb 23, 2012 at 03:18 PM
Two23
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Remote Camera Cable

That's the one I currently have.

Kent in SD

Feb 23, 2012 at 03:49 PM
pbjunkiee

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Remote Camera Cable

I make my own. I learned from the master himself, Shawn Cullen.

Feb 23, 2012 at 05:41 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Two23
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Remote Camera Cable

Well, unfortunately for me they moved this post from sports, where there actually are people who use remote fired cameras routinely, to the Nikon board where the majority are likely to be asking, "What's a Cybersync?" I might be screwed here.

Kent in SD

Feb 24, 2012 at 02:51 AM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Remote Camera Cable

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/650563-REG/Zeikos_ZE_RMC30_ZE_RMC30_Remote_Switch.html

Works well on my D1h's, D1x, D200, D300s. I also have a Yong Nuo knockoff, and a Nikon MC-20 purchased used.

Two23 wrote:
Well, unfortunately for me they moved this post from sports, where there actually are people who use remote fired cameras routinely, to the Nikon board where the majority are likely to be asking, "What's a Cybersync?" I might be screwed here.

Kent in SD

Feb 24, 2012 at 03:17 AM
Two23
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Remote Camera Cable

NightOwl Cat wrote:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/650563-REG/Zeikos_ZE_RMC30_ZE_RMC30_Remote_Switch.html

Thanks for the thought, but the Cybersyncs I already have are camera triggers, and also flash triggers. They have 150 yard range. The nine dollar deal doesn't have much range, especially outdoors.

Kent in SD

Feb 24, 2012 at 04:25 AM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password