Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · soap opera, tv shows, news videos VS Movie questions.

bushwacker
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · soap opera, tv shows, news videos VS Movie questions.

Hello,

Lately I've been messing around with my DSLR's video then I started viewing its videos... they were shot 30fps.

Now my question: why soap opera, tv shows, talk shows, news videos look like they're fast compared to Hollywood Film movies...

The only exception that resembles like the movie-like speed are: Friends, Gilmore Girls, NCIS, HOUSE etc. Is it the type of equipment used? like electronic videos or Film cameras?

or is it the frame rate they used? I noticed the film movies they look slower ( if that's correct the term )... compared to soap operas... can you please explain.

any internet links recommendation is very helpful.

Feb 19, 2012 at 03:42 PM
skibum5
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · soap opera, tv shows, news videos VS Movie questions.

bushwacker wrote:
Hello,

Lately I've been messing around with my DSLR's video then I started viewing its videos... they were shot 30fps.

Now my question: why soap opera, tv shows, talk shows, news videos look like they're fast compared to Hollywood Film movies...

The only exception that resembles like the movie-like speed are: Friends, Gilmore Girls, NCIS, HOUSE etc. Is it the type of equipment used? like electronic videos or Film cameras?

or is it the frame rate they used? I noticed the film movies they look slower ( if that's correct the term )... compared to soap operas... can you please explain.

any internet links recommendation
...Show more

the first set are shot at a faster frame rate and the latter are shot at 24fps, that is certainly a lot of it (they also used to be shot on film mostly until not too long ago while the talk shows and stuff have been shot on video for ages)

the talk shows often use more DOF and are not shot or lit as much in the style of movies, same can be true to an extent for soaps

if you turn AMP modes on HDTV then movies start looking somewhat more like soaps, thus the term "soap opera effect", although not quite

Feb 21, 2012 at 11:00 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password