Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Reflections on a new building

fracas
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Reflections on a new building

Reflections of buildings in construction on an almost finished building ... any suggestion to improve the shot?

Thanks for all your comments,
Francesco

Feb 18, 2012 at 10:05 PM
dmacmillan
• • • •
p.1 #2 · Reflections on a new building

Very nice. I like the moon peeking through. I also like that you've filled the frame with the building. If anything, I might darken/replace the squares in the top left corner. Since they are lighter than the surrounding squares and right in the corner, they bring attention to themselves.

Feb 18, 2012 at 11:11 PM
sbeme
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · Reflections on a new building

Some interesting reflections here.How many images are we looking at?
Rightmost building doesnt work for me, at least not without significant shadow fill light recovery. My eye gets pulled over there and it feels a bit muddy.
The left 60% of the image, with the large facade is engaging, especially with the bright reds mixed in.
Could work also cropped to the left of the dark shadows in the building on the right.
Scott

Feb 19, 2012 at 12:20 AM
fracas
• •
p.1 #4 · Reflections on a new building

Thanks to the both of you

dmacmillan - I will darken (or crop) the top left corner

scott... it is two images: one for the buildings and one for the moon (that was on the left behind the main building). I am gonna lighten the dark part, you are right

Feb 19, 2012 at 09:29 AM
Kaden K.
• • • •
p.1 #5 · Reflections on a new building

Mon included.

Feb 19, 2012 at 05:40 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

AuntiPode
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · Reflections on a new building

Crop and a slight vignette?

Feb 19, 2012 at 11:37 PM
fracas
• •
p.1 #7 · Reflections on a new building

Aunti, thanks for always helping me... Good idea!

Feb 20, 2012 at 07:10 AM
cgardner
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · Reflections on a new building

The sliver of sky between silvery refections and the fact the reflections mirror each other's shapes on right and left make a square symmetrical composition work quite nicely here. It's similar to Karen's crop, but with more equal space on the sides between the buildings and the edge of the frame...

I darkened the sky and moon a bit and lightened the buildings on the right to reveal more detail. The problem I see in terms of the message is that the reflection of the building under construction is so fragmented that it is difficult to see that it is under construction.

Feb 20, 2012 at 03:39 PM
AuntiPode
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · Reflections on a new building

fracas wrote:
Aunti, thanks for always helping me... Good idea!

You are welcome. In many Pacific and Asian cultures, the role of Aunty as a source of family help is generally larger than in the west. Also, sometimes helpful non-relatives are referred to as "Aunty". That's why I picked the "Aunti(y)" in Auntipode.

Feb 20, 2012 at 10:21 PM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password