Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Land of Enchantment

blueimage
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Land of Enchantment

The New Mexico auto license plate says "Land of Enchantment", and I'm inclined to agree. My first time posting outside the nature forum - but since I put up a landscape there to give reference to some wildlife silhouettes, I thought I'd share it here with a couple others. I generally chase wildlife, and fail to slow down enough for landscapes - but I'm trying.

Link to nature forum post:
http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1086011

Thanks for looking, and any comments are welcome

Taken with 5DII and 70-200 II (first image) and TS-E 24mm II second two

Jim

Sunrise across the Rio Grand

Morning shadows

Road into the storm

Feb 15, 2012 at 11:32 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Land of Enchantment

Hey Jim,

It's good to see you venturing out of the Nature forum and stopping by here. I like what you shot here, #1 is really sweet! #3 might be my next favorite. Have you thought about converting #2 to B&W? I think it would work well.

Jim

Feb 16, 2012 at 12:08 AM
blueimage
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Land of Enchantment

JimFox wrote:
Hey Jim,

It's good to see you venturing out of the Nature forum and stopping by here. I like what you shot here, #1 is really sweet! #3 might be my next favorite. Have you thought about converting #2 to B&W? I think it would work well.

Jim

Jim, thanks for the comment. I haven't tried it in B&W, but I will with your suggestion. I'll be trying to slooooow down and improve my landscapes going forward.
Jim

Feb 16, 2012 at 12:26 AM
bshamilton
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Land of Enchantment

Really nice shots, Jim. (Oh, no.....another one! )
Love the layers of color and light in the 1st, and the atmospherics in the last are very cool. (though I might be tempted to tone down the blues in the clouds and shadows)
I think Jim (see?) has a good idea for the 2nd.

Barry

Feb 16, 2012 at 12:34 AM
blueimage
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Land of Enchantment

bshamilton wrote:
Really nice shots, Jim. (Oh, no.....another one! )
Love the layers of color and light in the 1st, and the atmospherics in the last are very cool. (though I might be tempted to tone down the blues in the clouds and shadows)
I think Jim (see?) has a good idea for the 2nd.

Barry

Hey Barry, watch out for the Jims - their everywhere Thank you for the suggestion to tone down the blue, I need a little objective critique for sure - a little patience on my part might help too!
Jim

Feb 16, 2012 at 01:53 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

DSC01
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Land of Enchantment

Jim, very nice shots #1 is my favorite , New Mexico is an amazing place with lots to see I enjoyed seeing these. Dean

Feb 16, 2012 at 12:02 PM
mp356
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Land of Enchantment

Hi Jim
All three of these are very nice. If I had to pick I would choose 1, then 3 as my favorites. Great colors in the first. The third has great compsition and a dramatic sky. Nicely seen.
Scott

Feb 16, 2012 at 05:27 PM
blueimage
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Land of Enchantment

DSC01 wrote:
Jim, very nice shots #1 is my favorite , New Mexico is an amazing place with lots to see I enjoyed seeing these. Dean

Hey Dean, thanks for looking and the comment - yep, photo ops abound in NM - I'm looking
forward to starting my season there this year.
Jim

Feb 16, 2012 at 05:59 PM
blueimage
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Land of Enchantment

mp356 wrote:
Hi Jim
All three of these are very nice. If I had to pick I would choose 1, then 3 as my favorites. Great colors in the first. The third has great compsition and a dramatic sky. Nicely seen.
Scott

Thank you Scott, #1 is by far my fav too. #3 leaves me wishing for a bit wider perspective and I wish now I would have stitched a couple images - Oh well, next time, as I'll be back there.
Jim

Feb 16, 2012 at 06:03 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password