Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines
One new topic per day

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Need photo ideas for Keys & Key West,FL

MS PHOTO
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Need photo ideas for Keys & Key West,FL

Heading to Key West on Friday & looking for some ideas and thing to photograph in the keys, Flying into Miami & driving down through the Keys, And info would be great.
Thanks Paul

Feb 15, 2012 at 09:29 PM
John Zeman
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Need photo ideas for Keys & Key West,FL

2 years ago when we drove down the keys, I just loved stopping at nearly every bridge where I could explore different photo opportunities and there were several all the way down the keys. Once we were in Key West I changed my style and mostly photographed people, you'll see a lot real characters in the old Historic District of Key West. We only stayed one night in Key West, and that was a mistake, we should have stayed at least two. So I'm already planning another drive down the keys the next time we go to Florida.

By the way, the 4 lane highway will probably have a lot of traffic until you get down to Tavernier where it changes to two lane. After that it's pretty easy to pull off and take pics.

Also the Everglades aren't all that far from Miami. If you're into wildlife bird shots and have an extra day or so you might be interested in a trip through there. But if you go there, be wary of the black buzzards, they'll literally try to eat the rubber off your car (they ruined the gasket on our sunroof while we were hiking).

Feb 15, 2012 at 11:10 PM
capt60

p.1 #3 · Need photo ideas for Keys & Key West,FL

Being a regular visitor to Key West I can attest to the fact that Key West is a photographers dream. There terrific opportunities everywhere you go when in Key West. Mallory Square during the Sunset Celebration provides great opportunities for both sunset photos, and great people photos as there are all kinds of street performers engaged in activity during the celebration.

As John said, there are interesting characters everywhere you look. Not to be missed is the unique architecture of the "conch" style homes and the incorporating foliage and landscaping.

Historical sites you may want to take in that present unique photo opportunities include: Hemingway House, Key West Lighthouse and Southernmost House. All beautiful and unique and provide interesting photographic opportunities.

I have spent 13 vacations photographing Key West, and could spend a lifetime doing so if I could find a way to afford to live there. Enjoy your time, it really is a magical place.javascript:void(0);

Feb 15, 2012 at 11:53 PM
stanparker
• • • •
p.1 #4 · Need photo ideas for Keys & Key West,FL

I emphasize Mallory Square for sunset, and possibly a sunset cruise. See the Truman White House, and Key West Lighthouse, too. The Key Deer (near Big Pine Key) are fun to observe and photograph. Bahia Honda has pretty beach & water, Seven Mile Bridge a marvel. The coral reef is good for snorkelers, not so sure about the glass bottom boat.

As suggested, time in the Everglades is very rewarding, both wildlife and landscapes. The road to Flamingo has several good spots, the best being Anhinga Trail. The Shark Valley section is also good.

Feb 16, 2012 at 12:40 AM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password