Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Goblin Redux (4)

ckcarr
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Goblin Redux (4)

Yesterday was a strikeout. Tried again. Suns up later and it's easier to get out and go...

Finally a squall

And one more

Thanks for looking!

Edited on Feb 15, 2012 at 08:23 AM · View previous versions

Feb 15, 2012 at 04:56 AM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Goblin Redux (4)

Hey Craig,

Nice work on the old Goblins! That's great to see you got back over there. I for sure need to get back to that place. Your #2 is my favorite over #1. I like the overview shot, but I think getting in tight and close really makes those goblins jump...

#3... wow! Now that is really really sweet!

Jim

Feb 15, 2012 at 05:02 AM
ingemar
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Goblin Redux (4)

They are all nice but the 3rd stands out with different light

Feb 15, 2012 at 06:25 AM
AndrewThomas
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Goblin Redux (4)

HI Craig, love #3 here.....#1 & 2 just don't look right for me, the blues are way over the top, reds a bit too much saturation?.....just my opinion, of course.
We had a quick visit here about 3 years ago, thought it was a great place, would love to get back one day
cheers Andrew

Feb 15, 2012 at 06:28 AM
ScaryFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Goblin Redux (4)

3 stands out for me! The dramatic clouds and the more natural tones are wonderful. I really like that one.
I have to agree on 1 and 2, they look a bit too saturated.
Ute

Feb 15, 2012 at 07:34 AM
dsjtecserv
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Goblin Redux (4)

Nice light, the warm early light works well for this location. I think they are most effective when you have some formation in the foreground, with the numerous other ones in the background providing context. I love the contrasts of the third one.

Dave

Feb 15, 2012 at 01:16 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

angel manguel
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Goblin Redux (4)

Beautiful place Craig and you captured it well. I'd take any of the images as I think they are well excellent.

Alan

Feb 15, 2012 at 02:32 PM
ckcarr
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Goblin Redux (4)

Thanks guys.

I changed my white balance and reprocessed these after Andrews comment. Hopefully they are better than the neon blue. The goblins may look darker than normal as they were still soaked from the night before. That's also why I was emphasizing the shadows, rivulets, and clouds more than the actual hoodoos since they don't always appear that way. I'm glad I decided to go back yesterday as the clearing storm made for much better conditions.

The storm cloud passing by was one of the classic situations where you turn around 180 degrees and see that's where the show really is! So I had to grab the gear and run after it. It's one of the things I love about the desert, watching a storm moving along off in the distance!

Feb 15, 2012 at 03:40 PM
pauldng
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Goblin Redux (4)

All nice but I'm going with #2, I love the run-off channels in the foreground, makes me think about the fractal nature of reality

Paul.

Feb 15, 2012 at 04:39 PM
dalongfellow
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Goblin Redux (4)

I can't comment on the colors, having not visited the site, but I do like the compositions in the first and last. I like what's going on in #3, but the three points of extra interest in the image (the squall, the formation on the horizon and the goblins on the left) seem a little small/spread out to me. It was definitely worth it to return in the morning--lots to like in this second set.

Dave

Feb 15, 2012 at 04:48 PM
David Leask
• • • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Goblin Redux (4)

Super shots Craig, much better light for you than last time
David

Feb 15, 2012 at 07:29 PM
alatoo60
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Goblin Redux (4)

#3 is my favorite out of this set, then in the order of liking: 4, 1, 2. It seems to me that way too much is going on #1 and 2, and there is no anchor point for the eye.

Feb 16, 2012 at 12:15 AM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password