Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Few Outdoor Female Portraits

awincko

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Few Outdoor Female Portraits

ok...now this is my SECOND POST ever...let me know what you all think of these. First one was taken during an engagement shoot. Last two were an impromptu trip to the beach last month when the sun was too perfect not to snap a few. Thanks for looking.

1.)

2.)

3.)

Feb 15, 2012 at 04:01 AM
JohnBrose
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Few Outdoor Female Portraits

I like the 1st one accept for the oversaturated eyes, although I would have put her on the right side so she has more room on the side she is facing. The spot color on the 2nd looks creepy and the flare on the 3rd is too much for me and looks added with editing.

Feb 15, 2012 at 04:16 AM
Jim Rickards
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · Few Outdoor Female Portraits

#1. Two things could improve this shot. The bright background is distracting. Use the foliage as the background rather than the sky. That way, she becomes the brightest part of the frame and the center of interest. Second thing is to include all the hair. When you crop the top of the head (which is OK) don't crop the bottom of the hair.

#2 This one is very cramped. Your cropped the head, both elbows and the cleavage. The empty space on our left looks odd, since she is looking right. Love the eyes.

#3 This one wouldn't be a keeper for me. Cropped elbows again and a very busy background (car, rooftop, tree, house). The flair is way too much for me, and maybe for those who like flair. Nice pose in this one.

Feb 15, 2012 at 01:08 PM
awincko

p.1 #4 · Few Outdoor Female Portraits

Thanks guys. Really appreciate the feedback. I now have a few things to experiment with. I've never had formal photography training and I look forward to utilizing the expertise of those on this forum to make me better. Check my photos in the other post as well re: my first time with studio lighting.

-AW

Feb 15, 2012 at 02:48 PM
jfinite
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · Few Outdoor Female Portraits

1 - Hmm, I don't like the color tone here, especially her skin tone.
2 - Pretty good sepia treatment, but the composition is cramped, and I don't like the oversaturated eyes.
3 - Best of the bunch for me.

Feb 15, 2012 at 04:08 PM

awincko

p.1 #6 · Few Outdoor Female Portraits

here is the original composition of #2, don't have the others on this computer at the moment...

And those are her natural eyes, no enhancement here. Just sunshine and good genes...

Edited on Feb 15, 2012 at 04:46 PM · View previous versions

Feb 15, 2012 at 04:45 PM
jfinite
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · Few Outdoor Female Portraits

^ I like that better.

Feb 15, 2012 at 04:46 PM
MakoShark
• • •
p.1 #8 · Few Outdoor Female Portraits

Really like the original comp just added. even a tad bit more space on the bottom would make this shot pop even more. Nice background as well. agree with the above with #1 and 2 about crops. Just seem cramped. The light and flair really flatten the image.

Keep posting, the additional pic is very clean and diggin how you used the light.

Feb 15, 2012 at 05:12 PM
Jim Rickards
• • • • • •
p.1 #9 · Few Outdoor Female Portraits

The original is a better crop. There's a rumor going around that guys like to see cleavage. Why crop it away? If you do, make it a head and shoulders shot.

Even better, now the arms are seen in full. The viewer's eyes go to the face first, then follow the arms out (and most important) back to her face. Just what you want.

There's something white behind her. The ideal composition wouldn't show that object - just the leaves.

Feb 15, 2012 at 06:02 PM
awincko

p.1 #10 · Few Outdoor Female Portraits

I can attest to that rumor being true, haha. I guess I was just trying to make the eyes appear bigger by cropping. I do agree that the original is better, though the model herself likes the cropped one...can't make everyone happy I suppose!

That #3 with the flare was just an experiment. The flare was 100% real but it was just pretty green and overpowering. Still learning how to take those shots into the sun...any pointers I wanted to avoid the colors in general by going with a warm faded tone.

Look forward to taking more pics. Thanks for the feedback!

Feb 15, 2012 at 06:45 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password