Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Peyto Lake

Nori
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Peyto Lake

Used multiply layer to darken the sky- does it appear over processed?

Feb 15, 2012 at 01:17 AM
brockwhittaker
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Peyto Lake

I think it looks pretty good! The lake is amazing. I don't think it is too overprocessed.. What are all the spots in the sky though? Kind of distracting..

Feb 15, 2012 at 01:19 AM
Nori
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Peyto Lake

brockwhittaker wrote:
I think it looks pretty good! The lake is amazing. I don't think it is too overprocessed.. What are all the spots in the sky though? Kind of distracting..

Dust spots, need to cleanup

Feb 15, 2012 at 01:21 AM
bhupesh

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Peyto Lake

only thing that comes to me is that the color of the sky doesn't match/ go with the lake..... a bit off at the most.... but otherwise an awesome capture nonetheless.

Feb 15, 2012 at 01:34 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

slobodan
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Peyto Lake

Interesting juxtaposition of practically black and white sky and turquoise water.

Why do I have the feeling the horizon isn't leveled? Aren't those lines on the mountain the water marks from previous sea/lake levels, thus supposed to be horizontal? If you chose to presented it so, I won't argue with that, I am just trying to understand how leveling works.

Feb 15, 2012 at 01:36 AM
Nori
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Peyto Lake

slobodan wrote:
Interesting juxtaposition of practically black and white sky and turquoise water.

Why do I have the feeling the horizon isn't leveled? Aren't those lines on the mountain the water marks from previous sea/lake levels, thus supposed to be horizontal? If you chose to presented it so, I won't argue with that, I am just trying to understand how leveling works.

I shot this with a bubble level as all my other images. So I think my horizon is level, unless my bubble level is broken. I am not sure what those horizontal lines are

Feb 15, 2012 at 02:04 AM
wlpelzmann
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Peyto Lake

The processing looks fine. I'm always blown away by the color of that lake.

Lake levels? The only planar features that I see are the tilted limestone ledges, with are also causing some linear features through the forest.

I'm sure the shot was level, but there is an illusion that the lake level is higher towards the outlet on the right. In such circumstances, some people prefer to ignore the bubble level and rotate the image to at least decrease the illusion. However, if it doesn't bother you, don't change it.

Feb 15, 2012 at 02:53 AM
Ray Still
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Peyto Lake

Very nice comp and a beautiful vista

Ray Still

Feb 15, 2012 at 03:55 AM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password