Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Cowgirls

Callisto
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Cowgirls

Not easy to know by looking but these two are sisters. They are my grand daughters and I bought them pink cowgirl hats. The sunlight coming through the window was pretty strong on the hats. This is my first post on the people forum and I am interested in improving my shots.

Feb 14, 2012 at 04:55 AM
hicohen
• •
p.1 #2 · Cowgirls

Wonderful capture. Thanks for sharing.
Howard

Feb 14, 2012 at 05:09 AM
Eyeball
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · Cowgirls

A very cute image. My suggestions:
- The image appears pixelated. I'm not sure if this was an extreme crop of the original or perhaps something went a little wrong in your re-size process.
- White balance is on the cool (blue) side. It's not necessarily bad in this case since it gives the image an overall pinkish/blue tone that sort of goes with the hats and the eyes of the girl on the left. Still, it's something you might want to experiment with and see if you prefer one a little warmer.
- The hair of the girl on the right is pretty close to full black. You might want to work on the development a bit to see if you could recover more detail without causing too much noise.
- The fact that one girl is looking at the camera and one not reduces the impact a little for me but if you can resolve the pixelation issue I'm sure it would make a nice print for a proud grandparent.

Feb 14, 2012 at 12:39 PM
MakoShark
• • •
p.1 #4 · Cowgirls

agree with the above from Eyeball. I would have liked to see a little more space to include what was going on around them playing and interacting.

But its a wonderful moment they can look back at many years from now.

Feb 14, 2012 at 12:51 PM
MN_Migrant
• •
p.1 #5 · Cowgirls

Very nice. It does seem a little pixelated, then over sharpened to compensate. Do you still have the original to work on? I'm sure you'd want to have a good copy of these two

Feb 14, 2012 at 01:58 PM

JohnBrose
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · Cowgirls

I wouldn't say pixelated, it looks like motion movement to me either on the photographer or subject and maybe a bit misfocused. Nice snapshot and looks like they were having fun.

Feb 15, 2012 at 04:21 AM
Jim Rickards
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · Cowgirls

Welcome to the people forum. I hope you enjoy your time here.

I see focus or motion blur as the problem.

1/80th for shutter speed with 100mm lens - and nothing seems to be sharp.

Keep the shutter speed higher than the focal length as your guideline for shutter speed minimum. (example: 100mm lens, use 1/100th shutter speed). And focus on the eyes.

Feb 15, 2012 at 01:01 PM
jfinite
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · Cowgirls

Adorable.

Feb 15, 2012 at 04:34 PM
jnoll1951

p.1 #9 · Cowgirls

Nice shot,but, it looks soft to my eyes.

Feb 15, 2012 at 11:47 PM
Callisto
• • •
p.1 #10 · Cowgirls

Thanks for all the comments - there are some very instructive points here and I appreciate you taking the time to post them.

Feb 16, 2012 at 09:15 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password