Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       4       end

Archive 2012 · Can we stop the gear trolling ?

adrianb
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Can we stop the gear trolling ?

Can we stop these retarded threads that are spawning out of control?

They're probably laughing their asses off on the Nikon board....

We look like idiot fanboys with all these dumb questions " Is it going to be a 5D III ?" "how many mega pixels would you like it to have?" " will you switch to nikon?" "will you buy the new 5D III?" "will they call it the 3DX?"

Wtf people? are we grown men or boys running after rumours and and new toys?

Ok, we can all agree... Canon is shite and they gave us the finger (for a while now)..

Now we either man the f*** up (pardon the expression) and go on with what we've got and what we're being offered, or we switch systems...

There was a time when there was actually some usefull info on this Canon thread....

Now it's full of rumours crap....

Feb 08, 2012 at 12:25 AM
cineski
• • • •
p.1 #2 · Can we stop the gear trolling ?

Actually, they are: http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1083670

Feb 08, 2012 at 12:26 AM
adrianb
• •
p.1 #3 · Can we stop the gear trolling ?

As irony would have it, I'm certain that obsessed gear heads would have their way here as well..

Feb 08, 2012 at 12:28 AM
Access
• • •
p.1 #4 · Can we stop the gear trolling ?

I agree, I just want a camera that works.
As a whole, this board isn't so bad. You can still ask photography questions and they get answered, etc. 'Mine is better than yours' type discussion often creeps into Q&A threads, but it's not overpowering. Please keep this in mind, I recognize there will always be gear type discussions, but try to keep them in their respective threads so people who aren't very interested in it can tune it out.

Feb 08, 2012 at 01:14 AM
Fred Miranda
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · Can we stop the gear trolling ?

Let me deal with the trolls...

There is a lot anxiety right now, especially for Canon shooters. The rumor sites do not help either with a lot of conflicting information. My advise is to have a little more patience.
Personally I am very impressed with the Nikon D800. I'm sure Canon will offer a competitive body.

Feb 08, 2012 at 01:23 AM
big country
• • • •
p.1 #6 · Can we stop the gear trolling ?

there are a lot of boys on these internet photo forums. they do a whole lot of talkin' and hardly any photo takin'

Feb 08, 2012 at 01:27 AM
digitalbug30d
• • • •
p.1 #7 · Can we stop the gear trolling ?

Fred Miranda wrote:
Let me deal with the trolls...

There is a lot anxiety right now, especially for Canon shooters. The rumor sites do not help either with a lot of conflicting information. My advise is to have a little more patience.
Personally I am very impressed with the Nikon D800. I'm sure Canon will offer a competitive body.

so YOU are the Troll wrangler?...lol

Feb 08, 2012 at 01:30 AM
Gochugogi
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · Can we stop the gear trolling ?

big country wrote:
there are a lot of boys on these internet photo forums. they do a whole lot of talkin' and hardly any photo takin'

You guys are silly. After all, this is a gear forum and not a photography forum. There are other places you can go if you actually take photos and want to put on artsy airs. Here we mainly fondle our gear and, on weekends, shoot rulers, brick walls, ugly babies and cats for pixel peepin'.

Feb 08, 2012 at 01:33 AM
Pixel Perfect
• • • • • •
p.1 #9 · Can we stop the gear trolling ?

I'm not anxious at all. I already have 3 great Canon cameras. But I am interested in what Canon will do with 5d II. D800 looks great, but it's nothing revolutionary.

Simple solution adrianb: rack off if you don't like the forum. Plenty of other sites out there.

Feb 08, 2012 at 01:34 AM
rprouty
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · Can we stop the gear trolling ?

Will the new Nikon make anyone a "better" photographer? I've upgraded about everytime Canon came out with something new. I finally realized the equipment wouldn't make me any better, I have to make my self better.

Feb 08, 2012 at 01:48 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Photon
• • • • •
p.1 #11 · Can we stop the gear trolling ?

Access wrote:
As a whole, this board isn't so bad. You can still ask photography questions and they get answered...

Yeah!
So, what's the best way to shoot an 11 frame bracketed sequence with my D800?

Feb 08, 2012 at 01:50 AM
timbop
• • • • •
p.1 #12 · Can we stop the gear trolling ?

Frankly, I am not interested in overpaying for the latest that replaces something I already, have so I'm just going to cool it. I've got $10k worth of gear right now, and even though the glass I have is antiquated it still works.

Feb 08, 2012 at 01:52 AM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.1 #13 · Can we stop the gear trolling ?

rprouty wrote:
Will the new Nikon make anyone a "better" photographer? I've upgraded about everytime Canon came out with something new. I finally realized the equipment wouldn't make me any better, I have to make my self better.

Recently I came across a local San Clemente shooter. She shoots with a Rebel XSi coupled with the kit lens. (18-55mm)
Look what she can do with this "equipment". That should put the gear talk into perspective.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/didenze/sets/72157625201623175/

Feb 08, 2012 at 01:54 AM
michael49
• • • • •
p.1 #14 · Can we stop the gear trolling ?

Hey, Canon did it to themselves.

$800 for new 24/28mm f/2.8 IS primes (how about a 50 1.4 with real micro USM instead?) and yet no IS on the new 24-70 and they want $2300 for it?

What's next? - is Canon going to take a page from Pentax and hire Marc Newson to create a "designer" 5d3?

Feb 08, 2012 at 01:58 AM
Betacamman
• •
p.1 #15 · Can we stop the gear trolling ?

I suspect today isn't all that much different from the earlier days when it was Canon's bodies that made all the Nikon users mad.

Every dog has its day, I figure. Often more than once.

Feb 08, 2012 at 02:00 AM
Gochugogi
• • • • •
p.1 #16 · Can we stop the gear trolling ?

michael49 wrote:
Hey, Canon did it to themselves.

$800 for new 24/28mm f/2.8 IS primes (how about a 50 1.4 with real micro USM instead?) and yet no IS on the new 24-70 and they want $2300 for it?

What's next? - is Canon going to take a page from Pentax and hire Marc Newson to create a "designer" 5d3?

I prefer a new 24 or 28 over a new 50 1.4. There are four 50mm lens models and a 60. The wide primes are a lot more lean in numbers. However, when Canon does get around to upgrading the EF 50 1.4 USM, I hope it has ring-type USM, not micro USM: ring-type USM, compared to micro USM, is faster, stronger and has no delicate mechanical linkage to go haywire.

Feb 08, 2012 at 02:08 AM
michael49
• • • • •
p.1 #17 · Can we stop the gear trolling ?

Gochugogi wrote:
I prefer a new 24 or 28 over a new 50 1.4. There are four 50mm lens models and a 60. The wide primes are a lot more lean in numbers. However, when Canon does get around to upgrading the EF 50 1.4 USM, I hope it has ring-type USM, not micro USM: ring-type USM, compared to micro USM, is faster, stronger and has no delicate mechanical linkage to go haywire.

I meant ring USM, my error.

The 50 1.4 is one of Canon's most used lenses (much more than the 28mm f/2.8) and would have made much more sense to update.

Or how about a 30-35mm f/1.8 EF-S prime?

The point is there were so many updates/new lenses that Canon could have made that would have had much broader appeal, this was just such an odd choice for an update.

Canon already has a very good 24mm f/1.4L. If I'm shooting landscapes stopped down with a WA prime then I'd much rather use my Zeiss 28 f/2.8 distagon, which I bought for less than half the price of these new f/2.8 WA primes. An f/2.8 WA prime with IS just makes very little sense to me.

Feb 08, 2012 at 02:17 AM
EltonTeng
• • • •
p.1 #18 · Can we stop the gear trolling ?

You know the D800 is impressive when Fred is active among the various threads.

Feb 08, 2012 at 02:21 AM
Dustin Gent
• • • •
p.1 #19 · Can we stop the gear trolling ?

rprouty wrote:

I am just happy when they release new bodies, as the old ones become even more of a deal. Now maybe I can upgrade from my 1Ds to a 1Ds2

Feb 08, 2012 at 02:26 AM
jerrykur
• • • •
p.1 #20 · Can we stop the gear trolling ?

You bring up a good point. It is all about capturing light. A good image is 95% photographer, 5% gear.

Feb 08, 2012 at 02:30 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password