Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Please help.

idelly007
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Please help.

I have a 85mm f1.2L II which I bought two months ago. I found a lot dusts on rear element and I couldn't blow off them. I don't want to to touch the glass by myself. Question is: can I mail the lens back to Canon to have lens clean for free? How? thanks

Feb 01, 2012 at 08:34 PM
Beauchamp
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Please help.

This is almost certainly not affecting picture quality.

Also, there is no harm in gently wiping the glass. Use a lens cloth if you're really paranoid. I use my t-shirt on my L lenses with no issues.

Feb 01, 2012 at 08:59 PM
Gunzorro
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · Please help.

As Beauchamp says, you shouldn't really have a problem with gentle cleaning.

If you bought it new, it is under warranty, and of course Canon will clean for you. Just box up and ship to a Canon repair center with a copy of your invoice.

Otherwise, the focus is okay, not out of adjustment (front or back-focus?). You should fully check it out so any other issues can be addressed a the same time.

Feb 01, 2012 at 09:03 PM
RCicala
• • • •
p.1 #4 · Please help.

The 85 f/1.2 is rather famous for getting dust under the rear element. I don't know how it gets there, but it does. Really nothing to worry about, it's inevitable.

But if you are really OCD you can take out the 4 mount screws, lift the mount just a bit from the side opposite the electrodes (not too much, there's a flex cable connecting the electrodes to the len's electronics) and use a rocket blower to blow it out.

Feb 01, 2012 at 09:05 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password