Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Completing the circle...

John Power
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Completing the circle...

OK. I am back to a 5D, not needing the toughness and speed of my favorite Canon camera, the 1DMK2N. I bought a 5D when they were first introduced.

I often wonder how many of us eventually end up back with a previously owned model...

Jan 30, 2012 at 02:32 AM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Completing the circle...

John Power wrote:
I often wonder how many of us eventually end up back with a previously owned model...

I've done it with lenses quite a few times.

Jan 30, 2012 at 02:36 AM
Photon
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Completing the circle...

I don't know, the only DSLRs I've sold were my D30 and 1Ds. I could see myself someday grabbing a cheap but clean D30 out of nostalgia, but don't foresee wanting to use the 1Ds again. Meanwhile, if I want to go back to a previously owned model...I still own them, so I just grab one. Nothing like using a D60, 1D or even 1D2 to appreciate more recent models.

Jan 30, 2012 at 02:45 AM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Completing the circle...

Now and then.

The bigger question is, are you going to take and post some great Hummingbird shots for us

Tony

Jan 30, 2012 at 02:46 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

troy12n
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Completing the circle...

The truth of the matter is, a 5d sensor and A/A filter, coupled with an updated "platform", IE: better LCD, menu system, sensor cleaning, buffer, decent autofocus system and maybe live view and lens micro adjust would make it one of, if not THE best DSLR platform ever.

5D sensor + the bells and whistles of the 7D = gold.

Dont need/want the 5D2 with it's worse banding and identically pathetic A/F sytem

Jan 30, 2012 at 10:26 PM
burningheart
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Completing the circle...

Camera bodies No . If I sell it I never look back.

Lenses Yes started with FD glass and with the advent of u4/3 I use that FD glass often even picked up a few FD lenses along the way.

Jan 31, 2012 at 01:42 AM
lucas lumiere
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Completing the circle...

when I get nostalgic I pick up my 1V. Still the best all round camera canon has made. IMHO.

Jan 31, 2012 at 01:58 AM
rongoe
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Completing the circle...

after moving to the x100, a friend of mine gave me his rebel xt, which was my first slr.

nice images at iso 400 and lower. will be great starter for my son who is starting to take interest.

Jan 31, 2012 at 02:34 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password