Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Downy on the deck

jbledsoe
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Downy on the deck

Mr. Downy decided he would stop by just long enough to capture him on the deck railing before he headed for the suet. Hope you enjoy -- Jeff

2012 Jeff Bledsoe Phototography

Downy Woodpecker

Jan 27, 2012 at 03:58 AM
jbledsoe
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Downy on the deck

I added some slight updates, please let me know what you think. Also please let me know if it doesn't look right, not displaying correctly, or whatever bugs you about it.

Thanks! -- Jeff

Jan 27, 2012 at 06:27 AM
jfwoodman
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Downy on the deck

Very nice detail on this one. Not sure about the crop, but it's tough when you don't have the natural perch. Well done.

Jim

Jan 27, 2012 at 06:48 AM
jbledsoe
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Downy on the deck

Thanks Jim, yeah I've come to realise it's time to mount something natural on that top railing now that all our various peckers like to land there. i usually shoot them in the tree behind this, but also like the ability to get the nice clean background when they light on the deck.

Jan 27, 2012 at 07:59 AM
surfnron
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Downy on the deck

A nice shot with great detail Jeff ~ Ron

Jan 27, 2012 at 12:00 PM
gschrade
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Downy on the deck

Wow, nice close-up Jeff. It's like it was reporting to you for a portrait shot before running off to eat.

George

Jan 27, 2012 at 02:51 PM
Tim Kuhn
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Downy on the deck

It sure is a nice sharp shot Jeff and with a wonderful background. I would like to see more room by the tail to either include the whole tail or virtual tail. I realize that may introduce more lumber but I think it would be a better compromise.

Tim

Jan 27, 2012 at 03:45 PM
BearCreekLar
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Downy on the deck

Nice detail on this, would agree with some of the other comments on crop
Larry

Jan 27, 2012 at 04:49 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

David Leask
• • • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Downy on the deck

Excellent shot Jeff. The detail is fabulous!
David

Jan 27, 2012 at 07:38 PM
Martin Good
• • • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Downy on the deck

Great shot Jeff but as you asked.. I wish you had got more eye contact
Martin

Jan 27, 2012 at 07:40 PM
jbledsoe
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Downy on the deck

Thanks for all the comments, it always helps to get some feedback. Here's one with everything except the right side. As you can see with the 500 nearly at MFD not much room to crop. I only got one shot off and no looks as they are used to noises and I was behind a piece of camo netting.

I gotta get some natural perches up there and maybe out just a bit more so I'll have some room to crop. Either that or switch to the 70-200, but where's the fun in that

FF other than cropping off right side when going to 8x10 format.

Jan 27, 2012 at 09:07 PM
kmunroe
• • • • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Downy on the deck

nicely captured Jeff

Jan 27, 2012 at 09:50 PM
trailhiker
• • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Downy on the deck

Nicely captured, Jeff! And looking your way, too. I see from your profile that you're an "on-the-fly" kind for camper. I started that way; I would throw the camping gear in the back of my truck, get to my location the night before then start hiking early in the morning. Then I got smart (and older) and put a shell on, then as I neared what I thought would be retirement I bought a travel trailer. I'm glad I did, as it's saving me bodily wear and tear (I'm 55) Beautiful areas in Oregon; I really like the eastern high desert, especially Malheur, Harney, and Steens Mountain. Gee, just typing their names makes me want to head up there!

Best Wishes,
Steve

Jan 28, 2012 at 11:46 AM
jbledsoe
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Downy on the deck

Steve, yep I figured out the canopy early in life but most of my younger years were working in the woods horse/mule packing so I got pretty used to just tossing out the ol bed roll. I have to admit while I do it here and there throughout the year, I motel more than not when the wife is with. Like you I'm getting older and liking the comforts. We have kicked around the idea of a camper or motor home. Right now we're working too much to get good use of one. Working in IT is a long way from packing in the back country or working on a ranch, but those old roots still hang on in many ways.

Happy trails!

Jan 28, 2012 at 06:51 PM
B Benson
• • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Downy on the deck

Lucky you to have such a pretty viistor. Bruce

Jan 28, 2012 at 07:37 PM

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password