Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

  

Archive 2012 · 800L out of stock at B&H
  
 
PetKal
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · 800L out of stock at B&H


I noticed last nite that B&H finally ran out of 800Ls.
(For one, Adorama still seems to have some left.)
I have heard from a major Canadian retailer that they've also had difficulties getting 800Ls. I suspect that Canon Canada hasn't seen a single 800L copy in months.

* My gut feel is that Canon is singlemindedly dedicating to 500/600 II whatever supertelephoto production capacity they've got lately. Therefore, 800L fabrication might have taken a back seat for the time being.

So what would be good about that ? Well, in my mind it kind of adds some momentum to the unofficial April 2012 release date for 500/600 II. It just feels like it finally might happen.

Again, please remember this is just my speculation based on a few scant scraps of info I've gleaned here and there. I also thought the 500/600 II were going to become available last Christmas for sure, and I was obviously mistaken there.

* For those that are looking to buy 800L soon, this is may not be a very good news. The new 800Ls might become hard/expensive to get in short/mid term, and the used ones wouldn't get cheaper as a result.



Jan 26, 2012 at 09:46 PM
Pixel Perfect
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · 800L out of stock at B&H


800L mk II announced March 2012, delivered August 2015 $17K.

You read it here first.




Jan 26, 2012 at 10:09 PM
Schlotkins
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · 800L out of stock at B&H


I hope... have my eyes on a 600 II.
Chris



Jan 26, 2012 at 10:16 PM
PetKal
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · 800L out of stock at B&H


Schlotkins wrote:
I hope... have my eyes on a 600 II.
Chris


I think many people do. At least initially, the 600 II should sell well.
Similarly, I do not think that the demand for 800L has been very keen, particularly not in the States with an almost $14,000 price tag.

Therefore, putting the 800L production on a back burner for a while may not be a big deal sales-wise.



Jan 26, 2012 at 10:19 PM
PetKal
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · 800L out of stock at B&H


Pixel Perfect wrote:
800L mk II announced March 2012, delivered August 2015 $17K.

You read it here first.



What will be new in the MkII........IS Mode III ?
Yes, a critical feature for sure.



Jan 26, 2012 at 10:28 PM
Schlotkins
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · 800L out of stock at B&H


Also, I think some of the appeal of the 800L goes away with the 1Dx since you can't AF with an extender. I'd guessing the 600L II + 1.4x III will be a fairly good combination.

Chris

PS - Actually, it's kind of interesting Canon gives resolution graphs for the 500L and 600L when the pro body to be won't AF w/ either combination.



Jan 26, 2012 at 10:34 PM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



Pixel Perfect
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · 800L out of stock at B&H


PetKal wrote:
What will be new in the MkII........IS Mode III ?
Yes, a critical feature for sure.


5 stop IS, mfd 5.5m, 3.8kg, pico coating (nano coatings are old school).



Jan 26, 2012 at 10:47 PM
Imagemaster
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · 800L out of stock at B&H





Jan 26, 2012 at 10:49 PM
snapsy
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · 800L out of stock at B&H


PetKal wrote:
I noticed last nite that B&H finally ran out of 800Ls.
(For one, Adorama still seems to have some left.)
I have heard from a major Canadian retailer that they've also had difficulties getting 800Ls. I suspect that Canon Canada hasn't seen a single 800L copy in months.

* My gut feel is that Canon is singlemindedly dedicating to 500/600 II whatever supertelephoto production capacity they've got lately. Therefore, 800L fabrication might have taken a back seat for the time being.

So what would be good about that ? Well, in my mind it kind of adds some momentum to the unofficial April 2012
...Show more

Observation bias



Jan 26, 2012 at 10:56 PM
RobDickinson
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · 800L out of stock at B&H


AFIk canon had flourite crystal growth issues that stopped the 500&600mII's that could well have afected a new run of 800's


Jan 26, 2012 at 11:15 PM
PetKal
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · 800L out of stock at B&H


RobDickinson wrote:
AFIk canon had flourite crystal growth issues that stopped the 500&600mII's that could well have afected a new run of 800's


They still appear to be having problems getting 300/400 II to N. American market in sufficient quantities despite the production ceasing on 300/400/500/600 MkIs a while ago.



Jan 26, 2012 at 11:24 PM





FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password