Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Who is the price leader now?

bs kite
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Who is the price leader now?

We all can recall many posts in several forums regarding how much more affordable Canon exotic glass is than Nikon's. Not anymore.

Just one example: Canon's upcoming 500 f4 I S II is going to cost more than a whopping $10,000!........this compared to Nikon's 500 f4 VR (which has been a VR II since its intro) for somewhat over $8,000. I guess it must be research and development cost. The new Canon shaves off a little over a pound weight, cuts less than a foot off the MFD and I believe just does catch up to the 4 stop VR feature.

I have been toiling with buying a used Canon 500 when the new IS II's come out and the used IS I's start to show. I still may do it. But why? I do think that the two brands are about equal in quality. And their competition seems to be improving the quality of both.

I will admit that I expect a better attitude from NIKONUSA. It really must rethink its service policy. Thanks go to Thom Hogan for his comments on the web regarding USA's policies.

Canon support has a wonderful attitude! Looks like I may be buying one of the those used IS's anyway.

Robert

Jan 25, 2012 at 07:29 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password