Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Remote camera + flash setup

deepbluejh
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Remote camera + flash setup

I'm trying to work out a photobooth setup in where the people would in a sense take their own picture by firing the camera + flash with a handheld wireless trigger.

The trigger would activate a receiver plugged into the camera's remote control port. This would then fire the camera while the camera sends a signal through the PC port to fire a hardwired monolight (ringflash).

This should technically work fine right? I played around with this setup a couple weeks ago and it seemed that while it took pictures fine I couldn't review pictures on the rear LCD of my 5D Mark II. I could hit "play" and nothing showed up on the LCD.

Does plugging something into the remote control port disable the LCD? Is something else going on here? Any tips?

Jan 25, 2012 at 01:15 PM
no_surrender
• • •
p.1 #2 · Remote camera + flash setup

I can't answer your question, but am curious how the focusing will work?

Jan 25, 2012 at 03:04 PM
deepbluejh
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · Remote camera + flash setup

Manually focused, shooting at a wide angle and small aperture.

Jan 25, 2012 at 03:09 PM
mcarr
• • •
p.1 #4 · Remote camera + flash setup

Not sure if there's a better answer, but here's how I'm getting around it. The "pocket wizard to shutter release" cable I use has a switch in the middle of it, flipping the switch allows you to review the images. Here's the cable I use. I agree, it's kind of a PITA, so if someone knows a better way, please chime in.

Jan 25, 2012 at 06:26 PM
Ian.Dobinson
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · Remote camera + flash setup

I think your way over thinking this. If the remote release stops image review (maybe the camera thinks its not needed when unattended)
For what the op needs the little RC1 ir remote is more than enough.
Cheap as they come and works from in front of the camera reall well.

Jan 25, 2012 at 08:00 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password