Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · How much are shutter replacements?

dolina
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · How much are shutter replacements?

It fascinates me endlessly that whenever a used body is being sold people ask about the shutter count.

Are replacement shutter's that expensive? If so, by how much for the 5D2, 7D and 1D4?

Jan 25, 2012 at 02:24 AM
JohnBrose
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · How much are shutter replacements?

There is more to shutter count than just the shutter such as the whole mirror mech. and the numerous buttons that get worn out etc. Shutter replacement itself is typically $200-$350ish. It's similar to asking how many miles are on a used car-you wouldn't probably be a smart buyer if you bought a used car without asking that would you?

Jan 25, 2012 at 02:28 AM
Alan321
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · How much are shutter replacements?

More than just the cost is the inconvenience and risk associated with a shutter that dies gradually instead of suddenly and affects many photos to greater or lesser degrees. When my 1Ds2 shutter played up in an obvious way I was peeved with the camera but then I found evidence of the problem starting several months earlier and I was peeved with myself for not seeing it earlier while it was still well within warranty. Two shutters and a circuit board later it is much better but that took a total of about 20 weeks without the camera spread over three services.

- Alan

Jan 26, 2012 at 01:35 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

deepbluejh
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · How much are shutter replacements?

Changing the shutter on a camera is like changing the tires on a car. I personally don't know why folks make such a big deal of it. Yes, there is a moderate fee, but from the amount of usage you'll get out of the camera, the cost is low.

Jan 26, 2012 at 03:01 PM
Herb Houghton
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · How much are shutter replacements?

I just had my 1 D mark III's shutter replaced last month before I sold it. It cost me $263.17 from Canon Service Center in Jamesburg, N.J. with my CPS Gold 30% discount. I'm sure the newer bodies are the same or slightly higher.

Jan 26, 2012 at 03:12 PM
Lance Lee
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · How much are shutter replacements?

1D2 shutter replacement last year was about 275.00 CAD

Jan 26, 2012 at 07:11 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password