Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Adorama pre-order on 1dx?

pompo
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Adorama pre-order on 1dx?

How does the Adorama pre-oder on the 1Dx work?

I wanna be on the waiting list but still be able to cancel the order if the high iso (12800) ain;t good.....

Also someone said Adorama runs a $10,000 on your credit card because they don't know the price yet (?)

Wonder why B&H is not doing pre orders....The af seems to be awesome I tried it, I just want the ISO to be killer when 12800 at least,or higher

Anyone in here pre order it? Thanks.

Jan 21, 2012 at 10:03 PM
swoop
• • •
p.1 #2 · Adorama pre-order on 1dx?

I would not preorder from Adorama. I ordered the Leica M8 there a few years ago. It was like 3 months after its release and still difficult to get. A week goes by and they call me saying my camera will be in the store. I go there and they tell me they gave it to someone else. But they have one in the warehouse it'll be there tomorrow. I go the next day and they said they forgot to put it on the truck, come back tomorrow. I go again and yes my camera is there. But still for them to have given away a camera I prepaid for and have me make an additional trip for nothing. Crazy.

Jan 21, 2012 at 10:27 PM
corndog
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · Adorama pre-order on 1dx?

pompo wrote:
The af seems to be awesome I tried it...

Were you able to try it in the field?

Jan 21, 2012 at 11:31 PM
pompo
• • •
p.1 #4 · Adorama pre-order on 1dx?

Thank @swoop, I'll have to decide what to do...still lol

@corndog, I habe no doubt the af is way better than the 1D Mark IV, which I use quite often with the 85 1.2 wide open and the af sucks....

I only tried the 1DX at Imaging USA for two times in a row, on separate days, just tracking people coming at me real real close, the light in there was kind of weak and I was surprised how fast that camera picked and kept the focus. I know how the af can be slow and even hard to start at close range with my 85 1.2 and this sucker was fassst ! It kept the focus seemingly spot on 'til the subject were too close to focus....I also tried it with 70-200 2.8 and 300 2.8 and was also impressed. Is it perfect? I doubt that, but a major improvement...I hope the high ISO will be as well.

Jan 22, 2012 at 01:04 AM
Roland W
• • •
p.1 #5 · Adorama pre-order on 1dx?

I have had good luck with my local dealer for doing preorders on new releases, and for getting delivery very early. My dealer only takes a reasonable deposit, and even that is fully refundable if I decide to not want the camera. Not sure if you have any access to a local dealer that handles the high end Canon gear, but if you do, contact them and see what they can do for you.

Jan 22, 2012 at 04:46 AM
pompo
• • •
p.1 #6 · Adorama pre-order on 1dx?

I never ever buy locally that 1Dx would end up being 8000 bucks

Jan 22, 2012 at 05:53 AM
RobertLynn
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · Adorama pre-order on 1dx?

pompo wrote:

I wanna be on the waiting list but still be able to cancel the order if the high iso (12800) ain;t good.....

Also someone said Adorama runs a $10,000 on your credit card because they don't know the price yet (?)

Wonder why B&H is not doing pre orders....The af seems to be awesome I tried it, I just want the ISO to be killer when 12800 at least,or higher

"I want to tell a retailer that I'll buy something, put the money on "hold" for an undetermined amount of time, but if I find out a feature of it isn't going to be awesome like omfg wtf bbq attak, I want to cancel the order".

That just seems wrong to me. Yeah, someoen else will buy it whatever, but it's the point. You preorder something from a retailer so they get one for you.

Besides, isn't that what RETURN policies are for?

Lastly, I'm expecting the 12800 to look like 6400 on the mk4, and 3200 on the mk3.

pompo wrote:
@corndog, I habe no doubt the af is way better than the 1D Mark IV, which I use quite often with the 85 1.2 wide open and the af sucks....

Lol at this. The AF of the Mk4 sucks??

Jan 22, 2012 at 05:57 AM
Helen Oster
• • •
p.1 #8 · Adorama pre-order on 1dx?

pompo wrote:

You can email me Helen@adorama.com and I can put you in touch with one of the reps looking after the pre-orders.

If you want to cancel, you email me or the rep who took your order or the regular CS contact number.

We do put a temporary hold on your cc for $50 to ensure that the card is valid, but this will drop off after a few days. As soon as Canon confirms the final price, we will be in contact with each person on the list, to ensure that they are OK with the price, before we ship.

Helen Oster
Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

Jan 22, 2012 at 03:46 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Photon
• • • • • •
p.1 #9 · Adorama pre-order on 1dx?

Thanks Helen.

Jan 22, 2012 at 05:15 PM
pompo
• • •
p.1 #10 · Adorama pre-order on 1dx?

Thank you Helen ! How many people are on the list?

@RobertLynn yeah the af on the 1d mIV sucks...a $5000 camera it should be able to keep on focusing someone walking at you lol. Of course they show brochure with killer shots of a full body athlete running towards you all sharp at 10 frames per secs, but they are shot far from the subject probably at f4 with a super telephoto 400 or 600 mm using the center AF point. I NEEd the camera to be able to focus and keep on focus the subject walking towards me even when is tight framed on an outer af point in non bright light, and the 1Dx seems to be as close my dream cam in that...yeah!

Jan 22, 2012 at 05:59 PM
Helen Oster
• • •
p.1 #11 · Adorama pre-order on 1dx?

pompo wrote:

YW!

I don't know - only the purchasing department holds any accurate information.

Jan 22, 2012 at 06:32 PM
RobertLynn
• • • • • •
p.1 #12 · Adorama pre-order on 1dx?

pompo wrote:

@RobertLynn yeah the af on the 1d mIV sucks...a $5000 camera it should be able to keep on focusing someone walking at you lol. Of course they show brochure with killer shots of a full body athlete running towards you all sharp at 10 frames per secs, but they are shot far from the subject probably at f4 with a super telephoto 400 or 600 mm using the center AF point. I NEEd the camera to be able to focus and keep on focus the subject walking towards me
...Show more

I think you've got a defective 1DIV(s). The camera has an excellent AF system, and it is better than the 1DIII, which also had an excellent AF system.

Jan 22, 2012 at 07:12 PM
pompo
• • •
p.1 #13 · Adorama pre-order on 1dx?

the print button works

Jan 22, 2012 at 07:14 PM
thedigitalbean
• • • • •
p.1 #14 · Adorama pre-order on 1dx?

Just got on the list. Said they couldn't give out an exactly number of how many on the list but that it "wasn't that many".

Jan 22, 2012 at 07:21 PM
pompo
• • •
p.1 #15 · Adorama pre-order on 1dx?

thanks

Jan 22, 2012 at 07:45 PM
RobertLynn
• • • • • •
p.1 #16 · Adorama pre-order on 1dx?

pompo wrote: