Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Would you make this deal....

Michaelparris
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Would you make this deal....

Picked up a 5d MKII and am going to sell my 5d. Need a backup for weddings this year but a little bit of cash could be kind of beneficial to complete my studio lighting....With that in mind. I was offered a 1DmkII and 300 bucks for my 5d. The 300 is close to what is needed to complete current project.....Will I be disappointed going to an 8MP camera. Would the 1D make a pretty decent backup even at 8MP?......I always say if these are my worries life is pretty good....thanks for the input.

Jan 21, 2012 at 06:29 AM
corndog
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Would you make this deal....

I would definitely not trade a 5Dc for a 1D2 (for weddings anyway). The 5Dc is significantly better at high ISO than the 1D2, I'd keep the 5Dc for that reason alone. Referring to the 8mp/12mp question, I don't think that's an issue.

Jan 21, 2012 at 06:54 AM
bigbluebear
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Would you make this deal....

if you want to save some money, why not use a newer crop sensor with better low light capabilities?

Is the t2i better than the 1d2 in low light?

Jan 21, 2012 at 07:04 AM
drive_75
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Would you make this deal....

I would. The 1D2 isn't a bad camera and beside it'll be your backup camera only. You'll find that your 5Dc will just sit in the bag anyway.

You get to complete your studio and have a backup camera. What can be bad about that?

Jan 21, 2012 at 07:14 AM
Chad S
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Would you make this deal....

I'd take that 1D2 and the cash. It will be your low-light focusing machine for receptions.

Jan 21, 2012 at 07:25 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

cocodrillo
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Would you make this deal....

I'm using both at the moment, although not for weddings. There really isn't a whole lot of difference between the two unless you're pushing out to ISO 3200. The focus on the 1D2 crushes the 5D. While not normally key for weddings it can be an asset if you have a habit of trying to grab unstaged photos while doing the set shots -- the focus acquisition on the 1D2 destroys the 5D. Either way, you're using two different battery systems. Shoot RAW and with a good converter things should still normalize out. While not wedding work, there are still quite a few sports shooters using the 1D2 to shoot under lights.

Jan 21, 2012 at 08:14 AM
canon pants
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Would you make this deal....

for a backup I would buy it for sure, you would only need to use it in emergency anyway. for a second body to keep on you better to keep the 5d.

Jan 21, 2012 at 12:24 PM
Michaelparris
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Would you make this deal....

Thanks for the input

Jan 21, 2012 at 02:12 PM
Michaelparris
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Would you make this deal....

Chad S wrote:
I'd take that 1D2 and the cash. It will be your low-light focusing machine for receptions.

Good point

Jan 21, 2012 at 02:13 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password