Upload & Sell: Off
I am looking for some first hand, user experience/ feedback from those who own/use this lens.
Seriously thinking of buying one next week. I will use it primarily for bird photography. my questions/worries are
1. Is there significant difference in quality compared to the version I(the price is for sure )
2. Do you think the 4 stops IS improve your keeper rate/ bail you out in low light or fast action situations
3. Is it "too short". As a result do you end up using the 300mm less frequently to say your 500mm or end up with the 300mm attached to a teleconverter most of the time
4. Speaking of the converters, is there a significant quality different between MK II lens + MK III converters compared to MK I lens + MK II converters
5. Should I be still better off buying a used 500mm MK 1 or waiting for the 500mm MK II (that big auction site says "expected arrival in April" (if we do not consider the price/weight difference)
I do have to make up my mind over the next few days. All help is greatly appreciated.
Many thanks in advance