Upload & Sell: Off
OK, Ralph, since you seem to have very high hopes for 1DX, I'll give you something to chew on.
* 1DX shutter is rated at very high 400,000 actuations. However, that is under Canon's test conditions. Also, that specification is statistical in nature.
* What does that mean to you Ralph ? Well, if your 1DX develops a shutter failure at, say, 10,000 actuations, just after the camera warranty expires, you are up the $hit creek without a paddle......which is to say that Canon feels no obligation to replace the shutter free of charge.
Good morning Peter,
nice to start into the day that way.
1) At the moment I do not know what a 1D X shutter repair costs. Its still not written in Canons price list.
2) 400.000 looks like 5-10 years (based on my actual releases). Even I think the guaranty here in germany is raised from 1 to 2 years, that is by far not enough to make sure it will not happen 3-8 years after purchase
3) I trust on Canon, that in the case they will repair it for free - They will love my pictures and will say: "Hell, itīs Ralphs body! He needs it to make those fabulous pictures, that we all love so much! The world needs the heeling capabilities in his vision! Letīs repair it for free and just give him a second body so he will never get into trouble when one breakes!"
At the end I do not care Peter. Maybe I should look if insurance covers that issue. If I would think all the times about bad things that could happen, I would not be able to leave the house or cross the road any longer.
Have a great weekend