Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

1
       2       end
  

Archive 2012 · Mt Williamson
  
 
Klaus Priebe
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Mt Williamson


From my trip out west. Played around with this one yesterday and did a composite with this image to enhance the clouds over the mountains. Inspired by the Ansel Adams shot. Next time I will find the right location just a little further north from this one.

Edited on Jan 27, 2013 at 01:01 PM · View previous versions



Jan 18, 2012 at 04:19 PM
tomandmarj
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Mt Williamson


very nice, Klaus. I like the processing on the clouds and mountains.

just a side comment: I'm not a fan of trying to follow Ansel's foot steps! if a scene or location captures your eye and heart, than that is the right spot from which to shoot. just my philosophy . . .

regards, tom



Jan 18, 2012 at 05:47 PM
Charlie Shugart
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · Mt Williamson


A lovely image, Klaus.
Interesting takes on Adams's work, too.
Charlie



Jan 18, 2012 at 06:05 PM
bshamilton
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · Mt Williamson


Excellent!!! Really cool b&w, Klaus!

Barry



Jan 18, 2012 at 06:06 PM
Zeph
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · Mt Williamson


Stunning image Klaus!


Jan 18, 2012 at 06:09 PM
tfoltz
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · Mt Williamson


Very nice , great processing

-Tim



Jan 18, 2012 at 06:14 PM
CDaescher
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #7 · Mt Williamson


Great image Klaus. Love the comp and processing.
Chris



Jan 18, 2012 at 08:45 PM
Dougo
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · Mt Williamson


Great shot Klaus, the portrait format works very well here.

Cheers Ray



Jan 18, 2012 at 09:56 PM
santos
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #9 · Mt Williamson


Do you mean the sky comes from another image ?

In any event, a beautiful image. Love the plant and rocky environment close to the camera, and this impression that the clouds are rolling down the mountain's slope.

santiago



Jan 19, 2012 at 01:41 PM
T-bone1
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #10 · Mt Williamson


Nicely done. Glad to see on a couple of recent posts that you comp images at times, too. I have a folder of sky shots to choose from which I've placed in shots now and then.

-Tim



Jan 19, 2012 at 05:01 PM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



GFountain
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #11 · Mt Williamson


What a great image Klaus. Thanks for posting!

Greg



Jan 19, 2012 at 11:59 PM
sbeme
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #12 · Mt Williamson


Fine work, Klaus.
You the Man!!!

Scott



Jan 20, 2012 at 12:44 AM
Oosty
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #13 · Mt Williamson


Very nice Klaus.

Peter




Jan 20, 2012 at 05:35 AM
Klaus Priebe
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #14 · Mt Williamson


tomandmarj wrote:
very nice, Klaus. I like the processing on the clouds and mountains.

just a side comment: I'm not a fan of trying to follow Ansel's foot steps! if a scene or location captures your eye and heart, than that is the right spot from which to shoot. just my philosophy . . .

regards, tom



Tom,
Thanks and agreed.
I just wanted to see the spot where he did the image from. Kinda cool to see where one of the famous shots was done and feel what its like to stand there in his footprints.



Jan 20, 2012 at 04:45 PM
Klaus Priebe
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #15 · Mt Williamson


Thanks so much for the comments everyone.

santos wrote:
Do you mean the sky comes from another image ?

In any event, a beautiful image. Love the plant and rocky environment close to the camera, and this impression that the clouds are rolling down the mountain's slope.

santiago


Santiago,
Yep part of the sky was added in the image. I wanted to see a little more drama above the mountains when I was playing with this shot.



Jan 20, 2012 at 04:47 PM
PhotoDes
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #16 · Mt Williamson


Not much to say that hasn't been said. The composition is strong and the image qualities look superb on my monitor -- and your handiwork on the clouds is very well done. Most of us would benefit from a little more information on how you "played with the shot", if you're willing.

Des



Jan 20, 2012 at 04:56 PM
essphoto
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #17 · Mt Williamson


Awesome mountains in this shot.


Jan 20, 2012 at 05:03 PM
Klaus Priebe
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #18 · Mt Williamson


Thanks Eli.

PhotoDes wrote:
Not much to say that hasn't been said. The composition is strong and the image qualities look superb on my monitor -- and your handiwork on the clouds is very well done. Most of us would benefit from a little more information on how you "played with the shot", if you're willing.

Des



Des,
Thanks for your comments and all I did was blend the clouds in on a seperate layer.



Jan 21, 2012 at 02:36 PM
WilliamFinley
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #19 · Mt Williamson


Awesome image. Nice use of foreground. Love the processing too.

Bill



Jan 16, 2013 at 10:53 PM
Klaus Priebe
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #20 · Mt Williamson


WilliamFinley wrote:
Awesome image. Nice use of foreground. Love the processing too.

Bill



Thanks Bill and much appreciated. I thought this thread was dead and buried already!



Jan 25, 2013 at 04:17 PM
1
       2       end




FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

1
       2       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password