Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1
       2       3       end
  

Archive 2012 · Why are people rushing to sell their 5D MkII's ?
  
 
Rich Swanner
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Why are people rushing to sell their 5D MkII's ?


It would seem that way? Is it the new 1Dx? What else is a replacement for the 5DMkII?.......Rich

Edited on Jan 18, 2012 at 03:11 AM · View previous versions



Jan 17, 2012 at 08:08 AM
Gochugogi
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Why are people rushing to sell their 5D MkII's ?


Or they maxed out their plastic during the holidays and need cash...


Jan 17, 2012 at 08:26 AM
patrick_morris
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Why are people rushing to sell their 5D MkII's ?


I think a lot of people just bought them because there were big sales and they wanted to resell to fellow photographers at a profit.


Jan 17, 2012 at 09:44 AM
Lars Johnsson
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Why are people rushing to sell their 5D MkII's ?


I have seen the same post 3-4 times in the last year also


Jan 17, 2012 at 02:18 PM
Hrow
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Why are people rushing to sell their 5D MkII's ?


Because the 8D is soon to be announced. That camera will be the marriage of the 5D and the mythical 3D with user interchangeable lens mounts to allow full feature set functionality of Canon, Nikon, and Leica lenses without adapters. FF, 29mp sensor, 7.2 FPS, 1DX focusing system, and a bunch of other goodies. The coolest part that I have seen though is the reversible grip that allows lefties to hold a camera naturally for the very first time.


Jan 17, 2012 at 02:47 PM
Jeff
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Why are people rushing to sell their 5D MkII's ?






Jan 17, 2012 at 02:49 PM
Photon
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Why are people rushing to sell their 5D MkII's ?


Hrow wrote:
Because the 8D is soon to be announced. That camera will be the marriage of the 5D and the mythical 3D with user interchangeable lens mounts to allow full feature set functionality of Canon, Nikon, and Leica lenses without adapters. FF, 29mp sensor, 7.2 FPS, 1DX focusing system, and a bunch of other goodies. The coolest part that I have seen though is the reversible grip that allows lefties to hold a camera naturally for the very first time.

Great, I've pre-ordered two of them, and I'm selling all of my DSLR bodies to pay for them. I hope I don't miss too many photo ops before the new 8D bodies are in my hands!



Jan 17, 2012 at 03:30 PM
artsupreme
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Why are people rushing to sell their 5D MkII's ?


I would bet it's people who buy the gear through their business (end of the year accounting) and sell them to get cash back in their pockets. It's not always about making a small profit. Some of the guys with very high feedback do this religiously.


Jan 17, 2012 at 03:36 PM
Rich Swanner
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Why are people rushing to sell their 5D MkII's ?


8D?


Jan 17, 2012 at 04:17 PM
Michaelparris
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Why are people rushing to sell their 5D MkII's ?


I dont know why they are but I am thankful they are.....Just picked up an un-opened 5DMKII (the only thing gone is upc code from box) for $1750.00....Me thinks that is a pretty good deal. Why people buy camera gear new I will never be able to figure out.


Jan 17, 2012 at 04:42 PM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



Hrow
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Why are people rushing to sell their 5D MkII's ?


Yes, 8D. The name comes from utilizing the body size of a 5D with the mythical qualities of the 3D. 5 + 3 = 8. I suppose it could ultimately be called the 8DD so things add together properly but that would seem pretty silly.


Jan 17, 2012 at 04:44 PM
rick_reno
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Why are people rushing to sell their 5D MkII's ?


Hrow wrote:
Because the 8D is soon to be announced. That camera will be the marriage of the 5D and the mythical 3D with user interchangeable lens mounts to allow full feature set functionality of Canon, Nikon, and Leica lenses without adapters. FF, 29mp sensor, 7.2 FPS, 1DX focusing system, and a bunch of other goodies. The coolest part that I have seen though is the reversible grip that allows lefties to hold a camera naturally for the very first time.


I think my IPhone 4s does all that.



Jan 17, 2012 at 05:04 PM
Jeff Nolten
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Why are people rushing to sell their 5D MkII's ?


People are always in a rush.


Jan 17, 2012 at 09:07 PM
mmsean
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Why are people rushing to sell their 5D MkII's ?


Michaelparris wrote:
I dont know why they are but I am thankful they are.....Just picked up an un-opened 5DMKII (the only thing gone is upc code from box) for $1750.00....Me thinks that is a pretty good deal. Why people buy camera gear new I will never be able to figure out.



Oh hell if I could find an unopened 5DMKII for that much I'd buy it!!!!



Jan 17, 2012 at 09:30 PM
M Lucca
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Why are people rushing to sell their 5D MkII's ?


I love gear collectors and forum measurebators.

These species buy gear to take photos of a brick wall or a line chart. Then when told that the gear that got is not as good, they proceed to sell 'em to acquire the new forum product winner.



Jan 17, 2012 at 09:36 PM
abqnmusa
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Why are people rushing to sell their 5D MkII's ?


even if I buy a 5D III ...
I will keep my 5D II until it fails and makes no sense to repair
It will always have the same good IQ




Jan 17, 2012 at 09:40 PM
Pixel Perfect
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Why are people rushing to sell their 5D MkII's ?


Rich Swanner wrote:
It would seem that way? Is it the new 1Dx? What else is a replacement for the 5DMkII?.......Rich


Are they? I know I'm not. What would I replace it with? Oh hang on, I have an emergency stash of $7K down the back of the sofa I can use to buy a 1D X, except it's not available.

http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/dunno.gif




Jan 17, 2012 at 09:40 PM
Tony B
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Why are people rushing to sell their 5D MkII's ?


artsupreme wrote:
I would bet it's people who buy the gear through their business (end of the year accounting) and sell them to get cash back in their pockets. It's not always about making a small profit. Some of the guys with very high feedback do this religiously.


5DIIs are certainly not being traded in to Canon dealers in Perth. Occasionally 1DsII or III & the odd 1DIII. A few 5DIIs are being sold privately but I would say many more are upgrading to 5DII than vice versa.
A consideration for me is that if an item is not purchased from a Canon authorised dealer (new or used) then CPS benefits are waived. Standard Canon warranty can be retained, if the goods qualify.
The 72 hour CPS turnaround can make up for what could be a 6 week wait through normal channels;-
A repair turnaround time of 72 hours in house
Pick up and delivery one-way at Canon's cost
A 30% discount on parts and labour
Back up equipment, like for like
Evaluation equipment - subject to availability
International support*
5 clean & checks / sensor cleans each year
The sensor clean alone is worth $700.
Some businesses purchase an asset just before the end of a tax year to minimise tax liabilities through reducing taxable income. I have cash that must be disposed of prior to the end of the tax year. Earmarked for 5DIII or pension top up.



Jan 17, 2012 at 10:36 PM
Gochugogi
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Why are people rushing to sell their 5D MkII's ?


M Lucca wrote:
I love gear collectors and forum measurebators.

These species buy gear to take photos of a brick wall or a line chart. Then when told that the gear that got is not as good, they proceed to sell 'em to acquire the new forum product winner.


I thought they mainly shot bald babies, fat cats and city park ducks with L optics. Images of telephone poles, street signs and rooftops of neighboring homes are also favored by collectors.



Jan 17, 2012 at 11:00 PM
RobDickinson
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Why are people rushing to sell their 5D MkII's ?


Any news on the 8DmkII?


Jan 17, 2012 at 11:13 PM
1
       2       3       end




FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1
       2       3       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password