Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Jungle at Angkor Wat, Cambodia

danceswithfrog

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Jungle at Angkor Wat, Cambodia

in december 2009 i aimed at capturing the "unworldly" atmosphere at this particular spot in the jungle around the temple complex of Angkor Wat. ended up with 4 bracketed sets of 3 exposures for a vertical pano.

tried a few processing variations but never was really convinced of the outcome.
inspired by my recent matterhorn image i returned to the files to try a B+W conversion: voila - ended up with this crop and conversion which i think does the subject justice and conveys some of the mystique the place carries.

comments welcome!

cheers,

RAU 2012

Jungle at Angkor Wat

Jan 15, 2012 at 05:16 PM
jstephens62
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Jungle at Angkor Wat, Cambodia

Nice image, I like it!

Jan 15, 2012 at 05:18 PM
mamankyle
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Jungle at Angkor Wat, Cambodia

Danceswithfrog
I don't think these buildings need the "other world" type processing you have chosen. You have a strong image here.
The processing is taking center stage, not your image. If you were after a 19th century etching look you succeeded.
Greg

Jan 15, 2012 at 05:31 PM
danceswithfrog

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Jungle at Angkor Wat, Cambodia

greg,

thanks for your interesting viewpoint!

wasnt particularly aiming for a "other world" processing or etching effect. i mainly wanted to increase contrast to show fine structures in the ruins in the lower half and considerably darkened the upper part/skies to obtain overall balanced tonality / avoid distractingly bright skies. which consecutively was intended to convey a somehow gloomy/strange/interesting atmosphere.

cheers,
ron

ps: i agree and just noticed that i did overdo the sharpening for jpg on screen display

Jan 15, 2012 at 08:49 PM
tomandmarj
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Jungle at Angkor Wat, Cambodia

I like the composition very much. agree with the others about the processing; not an easy image to comment on. I 'd like more contrast, but don't want the little speckles to jump out.
don't know if that is possible; I'd like to see another version, if you have the time.
regards, tom

Jan 16, 2012 at 09:25 PM

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password