Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       4       5       end

Archive 2012 · What would you buy tomorrow?

artsupreme
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · What would you buy tomorrow?

If one of these bodies was close in price/spec to what you want and includes the latest advancements in ISO perf/bells/whistles, what would you buy off the shelf tomorrow? For the 3DX think modern day D700.

Jan 13, 2012 at 12:05 AM
Jeff Nolten
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · What would you buy tomorrow?

Well I voted for the G1X but it didn't show up Seems a noticeable tech improvement over the G10. Can't afford a 1DX and I'll need a few more generations improvement to think about 5Ds or 7Ds. I could use a 500 f4 if I can afford it. Obviously used now.

Jan 13, 2012 at 12:18 AM
jdben622
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · What would you buy tomorrow?

A pro-sensor from Canon for $3500?

Edited on Jan 13, 2012 at 12:31 AM · View previous versions

Jan 13, 2012 at 12:30 AM
jaybird555
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · What would you buy tomorrow?

Ask me tomorrow and I'll tell you...

Jan 13, 2012 at 12:30 AM
ontime
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · What would you buy tomorrow?

Fujifilm X-Pro 1

Jan 13, 2012 at 12:33 AM
Tom Dix
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · What would you buy tomorrow?

Tomorrow is promised to no one; 5DX if I am still around.

Jan 13, 2012 at 12:45 AM
pegger

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · What would you buy tomorrow?

I'll buy a rebel xti tomorrow if available.

Jan 13, 2012 at 12:50 AM
artsupreme
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · What would you buy tomorrow?

jdben622 wrote:

I know it sounds funny but Nikon did it 3.5yrs ago for $2999. So 6 more MP, one more slot, and modern AF shouldn't be asking for much.

Jan 13, 2012 at 12:52 AM
artsupreme
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · What would you buy tomorrow?

and for those who choose "other", what specs/body are you looking for?

Jan 13, 2012 at 12:53 AM
nikey
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · What would you buy tomorrow?

artsupreme wrote:
and for those who choose "other", what specs/body are you looking for?

D4!

Jan 13, 2012 at 01:14 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

artsupreme
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · What would you buy tomorrow?

nikey wrote:
D4!

Damn, I should have put a Nikon option....

Jan 13, 2012 at 01:16 AM
kjcramer
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · What would you buy tomorrow?

x-Pro1

Jan 13, 2012 at 01:22 AM
pegger

p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · What would you buy tomorrow?

"The D30 comes fully loaded, filled with features and functionality you'd expect of a camera teetering on the edge of wearing a "Pro" badge (and probably more deserving than some of those that do), add to this the fact that Canon threw a curved ball by using the first ever multi-megapixel CMOS sensor to be seen in a production camera and you can see why the EOS-D30 is significant.

The other thing that makes the EOS-D30 special is that it (like the Fujifilm S1 Pro) is helping to open up the "prosumer digital SLR" market, the retail $3,000 may not be considered cheap, but there are considerable numbers of non professionals who can afford (and no doubt will buy) the EOS-D30"

From DP review when D30 was launched. 3000$ at that time (2000)
Now in 10 years so much advance,
Can't imagine what will be tomorrow

Jan 13, 2012 at 01:25 AM
artsupreme
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · What would you buy tomorrow?

kjcramer wrote:
x-Pro1

wow, that thing looks sweet!

Jan 13, 2012 at 01:26 AM
artsupreme
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · What would you buy tomorrow?

pegger wrote:
"The D30 comes fully loaded, filled with features and functionality you'd expect of a camera teetering on the edge of wearing a "Pro" badge (and probably more deserving than some of those that do), add to this the fact that Canon threw a curved ball by using the first ever multi-megapixel CMOS sensor to be seen in a production camera and you can see why the EOS-D30 is significant.

The other thing that makes the EOS-D30 special is that it (like the Fujifilm S1 Pro) is helping to open up the "prosumer digital SLR" market, the retail $3,000 may not be
...Show more

Agree, I was very conservative on my pricing/specs, I think they could offer a lot more at $3000-$3500 for sure. But you know the "you want a pro body then buy a 1DSIII" crowd will disagree.

Jan 13, 2012 at 01:30 AM
jdben622
• • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · What would you buy tomorrow?

It's not that they can't do it, they won't do it. Not in this next generation of bodies. Maybe in 2014. The 5DII came out at $3K when it was introduced. And its AF is a joke. Why would Canon finally do "the right thing" for $500 more? With the 1Dx merging 2 product lines, that does put a gap between the prosumer stuff and the single pro body. That makes a 3D very plausible, but it would likely start with a $4xxx IMO.

Jan 13, 2012 at 02:16 AM
artsupreme
• • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · What would you buy tomorrow?

jdben622 wrote:
It's not that they can't do it, they won't do it. Not in this next generation of bodies. Maybe in 2014. The 5DII came out at $3K when it was introduced. And its AF is a joke. Why would Canon finally do "the right thing" for $500 more? With the 1Dx merging 2 product lines, that does put a gap between the prosumer stuff and the single pro body. That makes a 3D very plausible, but it would likely start with a $4xxx IMO.

The 5DII was $2699. Agree that they probably won't do a 3D, but I'm not sure why. Imagine how many they would sell, including 1DX owners who want a decent backup body.

Jan 13, 2012 at 02:19 AM
jdben622
• • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · What would you buy tomorrow?

I thought the 5D was a bit more. I think there is actually a good chance of a 3d. The backup issue for the 1Dx is an excellent point. I just came back to Canon and am going to stick with a 5DII ( ) and a 1DIII. I could pick up a 1Dx, but it would definitely stretch my budget. I never like only having one body, two 1Dx's would never happen and even a 1Dx and anything else would just be too much $$ for me. It doesn't make sense for a 7D successor to fill the gap. Unless Canon really ramps up the AF in the 5DIII, what will be their answer to the D800? It seems like the 5D's emphasis will be mega-video, so that leaves a pretty big hole in the lineup. I think 1.3x crop is dead, though.

Jan 13, 2012 at 02:28 AM
artsupreme
• • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · What would you buy tomorrow?

jdben622 wrote:
I thought the 5D was a bit more. I think there is actually a good chance of a 3d. The backup issue for the 1Dx is an excellent point. I just came back to Canon and am going to stick with a 5DII ( ) and a 1DIII. I could pick up a 1Dx, but it would definitely stretch my budget. I never like only having one body, two 1Dx's would never happen and even a 1Dx and anything else would just be too much $$ for me. It doesn't make sense for a 7D successor to fill the
...Show more

I figured Canon could go two directions with the 5DIII and that's how I tailored the poll -

1. Reduce resolution and use 1DX sensor, new pro AF with high FPS, and it be king of video (basically the 3DX above)
2. High MP sensor with new AF and slow FPS - which would be their answer to the rumored high MP D800.

As of now the first option is the favorite.

Jan 13, 2012 at 02:45 AM
RobertLynn
• • • • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · What would you buy tomorrow?

artsupreme wrote:
If one of these bodies was close in price/spec to what you want and includes the latest advancements in ISO perf/bells/whistles, what would you buy off the shelf tomorrow? For the 3DX think modern day D700.

This is flawed. Your 3DX models are 1 fps apart and 1.3vs 1.0... Come on, you really think that even in fantasy land a company is going to retool for that?

The 7D at 1500 with more MP and better IQ??

The only one that's reasonable is the 1DX at 6500. Given the 6K tag of the D4, I foresee them lowering the price.

I know some people will switch to the D4 for the feature spec and offerings of other Nikon bodies.

jdben622 wrote:

There's been one out for a long time, 5D2.

Jan 13, 2012 at 03:27 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password