Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · November lakeside in Eastern Austria

danceswithfrog

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · November lakeside in Eastern Austria

Taken in the area of lake Neusiedl - a roughly 45 minute drive from Vienna in the easternmost part of Austria literally a mile or two from the hungarian border.

originally i took two exposures to include as much as possible of the dramatic sky and foregound. after much experimenting i ended up with this square crop from the lower part of the pano which contained the most visually interesting parts.

i found the "natural vignette" in the cloudy sky - with the brightest area juxtaposed with the dominant tree visually interesting. similarly the contrast of the highly detailed foreground is mirrored in the more dramatic parts of the sky - yet at the same time provides a stark contrast to visually calm areas around the line of the horizon and in the top area.

the car ion the road adds scale and sense/feeling of distance for me. would have liked to capture it a tad further down the road in retrospect though.

cropped from a vertical panorama of 2 horizontal exposures on MFD / 80mm focal length.

RAU 2012

November Afternoon at Lake Neusiedl

Jan 12, 2012 at 12:54 AM
Klaus Priebe
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · November lakeside in Eastern Austria

Looks like a shot that could have been done in the 1940's.

Jan 12, 2012 at 04:31 PM

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password