Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · 7D Vs. 1d Mark II

DizzelDel
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · 7D Vs. 1d Mark II

I searched the forums for similar threads but only found the 7D compared to the Mark III but I think a better comparison would be to the Mark II as it has a similar price point and is more comparable to the Mark II.

Specifically I am looking for for something for light duty sports. The Mark II weather sealing and AF seem to be what is drawing me towards it, the 7D of course has a bit more reach and comparable FPS but I am a bit worried about the 7D new AF. How is the 7d noise comparable to the 1D especially around 1600?

Any info on either of the cameras would be great. Thx!

Jan 08, 2012 at 03:54 PM
Ian.Dobinson
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · 7D Vs. 1d Mark II

You should actually read into many of the threads. Most that have 7D or mk2 (n) quickly progress into 7Dvmk2 threads

Eg:
http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1074301

Jan 08, 2012 at 03:59 PM
omarlyn
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · 7D Vs. 1d Mark II

As Ian stated, there are ALOT of threads on this subject…here's one regarding the 'noise' of the 7D at high ISO.

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1073809

Omar

Jan 08, 2012 at 04:06 PM
DizzelDel
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · 7D Vs. 1d Mark II

Thx guys. I used the sites search function but on found mark iii stuff my main concern is the high ISO noise and the AF. thx for the links.

Jan 08, 2012 at 04:10 PM
timbop
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · 7D Vs. 1d Mark II

I've owned both, and now only have a 7d. I don't do sports professionally, but for night soccer the 7d's high ISO was a big factor for me. The AF of the 7d has to be tuned from the defaults, but works pretty well. For weddings the 7d is great; the high ISo is very handy and the AF is just fine (certainly more useful than the 5d2's)

Jan 08, 2012 at 08:27 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password