Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

Archive 2012 · Flash for home use

BrianO
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #1 · p.4 #1 · Flash for home use

delic wrote:
Does the 5dII have the wireless flash controller like the 7d and 60d?

No, no built-in flash at all.

Jan 06, 2012 at 04:52 AM
csebasti
• • •
p.4 #2 · p.4 #2 · Flash for home use

Daan B wrote:
It all depends on where you want to bounce from. Bouncing from a wall slightly behind you -where you can't swivel to- is a no-go. Can be annoying. Especially when things are going fast. In the end it is just something you'll get used to and you'll learn to anticipate in advance.

I guess I wasn't thinking about bouncing off walls. Now I see why having the full 180 swivel both directions would be beneficial.

Chris

Jan 06, 2012 at 05:02 AM
BrianO
• • • • •
p.4 #3 · p.4 #3 · Flash for home use

I didn't even notice that the 430EX II doesn't swivel the same amount in both directions. I've mostly used it off camera where that's not an issue, and used either the pop-up or a 580EX on camera.

Jan 06, 2012 at 06:26 AM
Kevin Brammer

p.4 #4 · p.4 #4 · Flash for home use

Lots of good info here. I've been using a 430EX (the original) for my home/indoor flash for a couple of years and I'm happy with it. There are times when it seems like not enough, but I chalk that up to my [lack of] technique. The swivel design can be annoying at first, but you get used to it.

I've also been using the Eneloop batteries for a couple of years with it and I LOVE them. I've ordered many more for other home uses as well.

Jan 08, 2012 at 09:24 PM
1       2       3      
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password