Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

  

Archive 2012 · How to sell high shutter count 1DMkII
  
 
dswiger
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · How to sell high shutter count 1DMkII


I am planning on selling a 1DMkII.
I am not the original owner & bought it in the summer for an assignment.
It works fine & shows no shutter issues/symptoms.
Appearance wise it looks pretty good, not beat up like many 7/8 year old bodies.
When I bought it, I checked the shutter count with CanCount on my net book.
It had showed about 58k clicks
Put it up on Craigslist where a buyer asked how many clicks.
I checked again with a new CanCount & it shows 188xxx clicks!
Check the old reading & its still ~60k.

So I will disclose this anomaly & ask a lower price.
I have looked around at other MkII prices and see some asking >$1000 without a count
& others asking $800 with a new shutter

I was asking $525 but now will probably drop to $450?
What would you do and what would you ask or better yet, what would you pay for
a high count, working body?

BTW, I have a FM B&S account so this is not a sneaky sell posting!

Thanks

Dan





Jan 02, 2012 at 02:27 AM
svassh
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · How to sell high shutter count 1DMkII


For what its worth I payed $630 for my IIn with 137k on the shutter. I think your $525 is a fair price.


Jan 02, 2012 at 02:38 AM
Lars Johnsson
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · How to sell high shutter count 1DMkII


Shutter count is way overrated here and in other forums. There are so many other things in the body that can be bad or old. And that cost more to replace also. Why bother so much about 5% of the camera and nothing about the other 95%?
No one can seriously expect a camera that is old and have been replaced four times to have a low shutter count either. Just sell to somebody that have a realistic view about the importance of shutter count



Jan 02, 2012 at 02:46 AM
Jeff_Stapleton
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · How to sell high shutter count 1DMkII


I've got a 30D that I'll trade you..straight up!


Jan 02, 2012 at 02:58 AM
mark petri
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · How to sell high shutter count 1DMkII


500-550 is a fair deal assuming it looks ok and it is good working condition.


Jan 02, 2012 at 02:59 AM
mttran
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · How to sell high shutter count 1DMkII


You should use 1dcount to check 1dseries actuation. The difference between 1dcount and cancount is the rollover counter (each rollover increment = 65535). You want to know how many rollover your shutter already has...i am sure you have more than 60K. It should be 60K plus x*65535 that cancount might have missed.


Jan 02, 2012 at 03:02 AM
dswiger
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · How to sell high shutter count 1DMkII


Actually that math works out, 65536 x 2 = 131072
Add 131072 + about 57k and you get the 188xxx numbers.

Thanks

Dan



Jan 02, 2012 at 03:55 AM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



mttran
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · How to sell high shutter count 1DMkII


Dan, i would keep it as a backup. what can you buy w/ 400-500 nowaday - all junky that takes oof in action shots


Jan 02, 2012 at 04:20 AM
Snopchenko
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · How to sell high shutter count 1DMkII


mttran wrote:
Dan, i would keep it as a backup. what can you buy w/ 400-500 nowaday - all junky that takes oof in action shots

QFT.

These prices you guys quote are just crazy. To think that it's possible, somewhere, to get a 1D Mark II for $500 Guess that for me, it'd be cheaper to get a plane ticket and fly over to the US than shop domestically.

I would leave it as backup, as mttran wrote. I swear by my 1D Mark II N even though I all but botched up a recent low light shoot with it. It's still miles better than anything you can buy with $500 (a Rebel? a 28/1.8 lens and a few beers?)



Jan 03, 2012 at 07:28 AM
farscapes
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · How to sell high shutter count 1DMkII


I've got 2 low shutter count 1d mk 2's (~35k) which I just can't bring myself to sell for what they currently fetch. I'm waiting until a museum wants them



Jan 03, 2012 at 11:35 AM
mspringfield
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · How to sell high shutter count 1DMkII


Lars Johnsson wrote:
Shutter count is way overrated here and in other forums. There are so many other things in the body that can be bad or old. And that cost more to replace also. Why bother so much about 5% of the camera and nothing about the other 95%?
No one can seriously expect a camera that is old and have been replaced four times to have a low shutter count either. Just sell to somebody that have a realistic view about the importance of shutter count


+1 Lots of other things that I would worry about other then shutter count.



Jan 03, 2012 at 12:12 PM
Hammy
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · How to sell high shutter count 1DMkII


188k

That would only be about 3 months old in my bag!



Jan 03, 2012 at 02:02 PM
mspringfield
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · How to sell high shutter count 1DMkII


Hammy wrote:
188k

That would only be about 3 months old in my bag!


3 months?? You are slowing down. I have put 13K a day on a camera shooting for you....



Jan 03, 2012 at 10:34 PM





FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password