Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2011 · 7D Shutter Problem

tdaportland

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · 7D Shutter Problem

Hi, I just thought I would see if anyone has come across this issue and has a fix, short if sending it into Canon. When I turn on my 7D the shutter activates. I shoot only in manuel mode, but it happens in every setting. When I set it in burst mode, the shutter just keeps activating untill I turn the camera off. I have removed all the batteries including the clock battery, put in all new batteries, changed the lens but nothing helps. I use a canon battery grip just as added information. Both buttons seem to be fine, they are not stuck. It is very perplexing because the camera was working fine when I put it away after my last tournament. I simply brought it home and it started doing this. Ant suggestions?

Dec 30, 2011 at 08:53 PM
rhyx
• •
p.1 #2 · 7D Shutter Problem

Does this happen with the grip disconnected?

It sounds like the camera thinks one of the shutter buttons is depressed.

Dec 30, 2011 at 09:16 PM
tdaportland

p.1 #3 · 7D Shutter Problem

It acts that way but the buttons are free and still have the two stage depression. I have tried turning the battery grip off also to no avail.

Dec 30, 2011 at 09:25 PM
Andrew J
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · 7D Shutter Problem

Take the grip off and try another CF card.
It sounds a little like mirror lockup is enabled so just check that (under custom functions) while you are at it.

Dec 30, 2011 at 09:30 PM
rhyx
• •
p.1 #5 · 7D Shutter Problem

Try taking the grip completely off...not just flipping the switch. Just because the buttons still depress doesn't mean the inside sensor thing isn't stuck.

Try a factory reset on the camera also.

Dec 30, 2011 at 09:46 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

tdaportland

p.1 #6 · 7D Shutter Problem

Thanks guys, It's begining to look like a trip to Canon for my 7D. I have tried removing the battery grip and tried several other CF cards. I have reset the camera to basic settings also to no avail.

Dec 30, 2011 at 09:52 PM
John_T
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · 7D Shutter Problem

The On/Off switch on the grip only activates/deactivates the grip buttons, but does not turn the grip or anything else on or off.

Sounds like you've got a short in the shutter button or an electronic component failure inside the camera. Trip to Canon is likely the only solution.

Dec 30, 2011 at 11:04 PM
greggn
• •
p.1 #8 · 7D Shutter Problem

> When I set it in burst mode, the shutter just keeps activating untill I turn the camera off.

I don't mean to sound harsh but even if no one else is experiencing this issue is it something that you're willing to live with ?

I mean, why even ask ... just send it back for repair.

Dec 31, 2011 at 12:07 AM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #9 · 7D Shutter Problem

That sounds like a bad shutter, a la the 20D.

EBH

Dec 31, 2011 at 12:11 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password