Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2011 · Photo Editing Software

fairli1

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Photo Editing Software

I am new to this site, and photography in general. I got a camera for Christmas and am just learning all the ins and outs of everything. I'm wondering what kind of software people use to edit photos. Does everyone use Photoshop? And which version, there seem to be so many. I am not planning on doing professional shots, just want to be able to enjoy making good quality shots for personal use. Any insight would be great!

Thanks!

Dec 29, 2011 at 07:37 PM
Brit-007
• • • •
p.1 #2 · Photo Editing Software

If you are just starting then if you are on a PC then I would get Lightroom. There are discounts running till the end of the year. Adobe has made a change in regards to Photoshop and it is really a program for Graphic Artists. At the time it was the only thing that Photographers had available. There is also the program that came with the camera which is free. If you are on a Mac then you can use Lightroom or you can also use Aperture. Both of these programs have been designed from the ground up just for photographers.

Dec 29, 2011 at 07:58 PM
Geofn
• • •
p.1 #3 · Photo Editing Software

+1 for LightRoom. Maybe think about adding Photoshop Elements for the few things that you can't do directly in LightRoom.

Dec 29, 2011 at 11:48 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password