Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2011 · Best Think Tank bag for PJ

Steve Wylie
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · Best Think Tank bag for PJ

Yes. Depending on how much I need to carry, I'll use one or the other. The Urban Disguise fits more; the Domke is easier to access the gear inside (as shown above).

My 70-200 is the f/2.8 L IS, the original one. I have had no problem with sharpness in this lens. Except for portraiture, I'd guess that I use this lens maybe 80% of the time, mostly under less-than-ideal conditions, including Friday night football under crappy lights, and performing arts (mostly dance) on stage at f/2.8. It's the single best investment in gear I've ever made. The IS II version is supposed to be even better.

Dec 30, 2011 at 07:27 AM
AChilders

Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · Best Think Tank bag for PJ

Well I ended up with the Think Tank Retrospective 10. I went to Overland Park Photo Supply and looked at everything. I came in looking at the speed belts for my sports work and ended up leaving with this beauty. It's spacious and has all the space I need for my gear. The only thing missing is a space for my macbook, which isn't an issue. I'll just have to pickup an iPad 2 for the space they did provide!

Steve, thanks for that information. I played with the MK ii IS today and loved it, but I don't think I can see a different between the non-is and the is for what my uses will be. Although I might just save up and get it to be safe and avoid being sorry later when I'm international freelancing. We will see how it goes. Thanks for everyones input, it was greatly appreciated!

Dec 31, 2011 at 12:34 AM
mrproxy

p.2 #3 · Best Think Tank bag for PJ

Photojournalists does not carry their flash in pouch as it takes time to take the flash out and put on a camera!
You might miss the shot while dealing with the flash in the bag!
sjms wrote:
this is a working PJ bag
http://i.pbase.com/o2/89/44489/1/105384775.kPH4YP5c.IMG_0042s.jpg

Jan 11, 2012 at 07:45 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

sjms
• • • • • •
p.2 #4 · Best Think Tank bag for PJ

mrproxy wrote:
Photojournalists does not carry their flash in pouch as it takes time to take the flash out and put on a camera!
You might miss the shot while dealing with the flash in the bag!

what you don't know.

hardly need to shoot with artificial light these days

there is a subtle difference between a PJ and Paparazzi

Jan 12, 2012 at 10:39 PM
elkhornsun
• • •
p.2 #5 · Best Think Tank bag for PJ

I think that the LowePro Stealth Reporter bags are a much better design for PJ and similar work.

Jan 15, 2012 at 01:07 AM
SaberOne

p.2 #6 · Best Think Tank bag for PJ

I live in ‘3:10 to Yuma’ so camera shops around here are just a theory. However, I’m a speed dialing Internet super-shopper and ThinkTank products are some of the best I have ever seen. Loved the ‘Retrospective 5’ but it was a tad too small for the A900 w/135 so back it went ($).

Though the ‘Urban Disguise’ is more of a contradiction in terms, it is a fantastic bag. I ordered one but it was overkill for my needs so I changed it out for a ‘Retrospective 10’ (in Pinestone), which is modestly sedate by comparison. Either way, they are pricy but once it's in your paws, the cost seems a bit more justified.

Jan 15, 2012 at 01:13 AM
       end

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password