Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2011 · I want a 5D Mark III So hard...

AaronNegro
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · I want a 5D Mark III So hard...

Just messing but here is the last take from Canonlies.com, he says it is a CR2 so 50% true

http://www.canonrumors.com/2011/12/5d-mark-iii-sooner-than-later-cr2/

In my opinion 2 or 3 years...compared to 10, it is sooner than the later.

Could not find more vague statement in hours of browsing. Should take CR from my favs but I just want the 5DIII sooooo hard.

Suddenly my other cameras can't take pictures

Dec 28, 2011 at 10:52 PM
mark petri
• • •
p.1 #2 · I want a 5D Mark III So hard...

I'm pretty happy with it as is. I'm much more interested in a hopeful price drop with the 1D4 once the X comes out. Prob wishful thinking on my part

Dec 28, 2011 at 11:09 PM
RobDickinson
• • • •
p.1 #3 · I want a 5D Mark III So hard...

CR in blatant xmas web traffic punt stunt...

Dec 28, 2011 at 11:12 PM
Jim Victory
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · I want a 5D Mark III So hard...

mark petri wrote:
I'm pretty happy with it as is. I'm much more interested in a hopeful price drop with the 1D4 once the X comes out. Prob wishful thinking on my part

I'm with you Mark. I would like to see the prices on a new MKIV come down. There still $500 more than I paid for one 2 years ago.

Jim

Dec 29, 2011 at 12:44 AM
big country
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · I want a 5D Mark III So hard...

i would bet the prices on the 1d IV will not drop. I would bet the prices on used 1d IV's actually stay the same or go up and this will be for quite some time.

Dec 29, 2011 at 01:04 AM
RobertLynn
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · I want a 5D Mark III So hard...

People are so gullible.

Same people that subscribe to this canon rumor place are the people who buy "the national enquirer er".

Sorry...bat boy isn't real.

Dec 29, 2011 at 01:53 AM
mco_970
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · I want a 5D Mark III So hard...

RobertLynn wrote:
People are so gullible.

Same people that subscribe to this canon rumor place are the people who buy "the national enquirer er".

Sorry...bat boy isn't real.

What about people who just read the National Enquirer-er when they are waiting in the checkout line? How else would I know that Lindsey Lohan's sister is anorexic?

Dec 29, 2011 at 02:54 AM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #8 · I want a 5D Mark III So hard...

If it is anything like the previous series of 5D, I doubt a III will be anything special.

EBH

Dec 29, 2011 at 03:21 AM
timbop
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · I want a 5D Mark III So hard...

EB-1 wrote:
If it is anything like the previous series of 5D, I doubt a III will be anything special.

EBH

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

oh, you were trying to be serious... seriously?

Dec 29, 2011 at 04:06 AM
kewlcanon
• • • •
p.1 #10 · I want a 5D Mark III So hard...

He's serious. Increase MPs, improve video, and ?

timbop wrote:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

oh, you were trying to be serious... seriously?

Dec 29, 2011 at 04:25 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

VladiD
• • •
p.1 #11 · I want a 5D Mark III So hard...

EB-1 wrote:

EBH

I am a diehard Nikon fanboi, but still have to call a TrolLoLoLoLoL on this one.

Dec 29, 2011 at 05:01 AM
stanj
• • • • •
p.1 #12 · I want a 5D Mark III So hard...

EB-1 wrote:

... which will make many people happy.

Dec 29, 2011 at 06:01 AM
mttran
• • • • •
p.1 #13 · I want a 5D Mark III So hard...

EB-1 wrote:

EBH

+1, can't be what 1Ds3 series offer right now; Otherwise, who needs 1D-X

Dec 29, 2011 at 06:02 AM
RobDickinson
• • • •
p.1 #14 · I want a 5D Mark III So hard...

I'd love a 1Dx. I'm not going to be able to afford one and probably dont want to lug the heavy beast round with me either.

Bring on a 5D3, if they merge the 5D2 and 7D like the 1D and 1Ds it should be quite a camera!

Dec 29, 2011 at 08:26 AM
15Bit
• • • •
p.1 #15 · I want a 5D Mark III So hard...

RobDickinson wrote:
Bring on a 5D3, if they merge the 5D2 and 7D like the 1D and 1Ds it should be quite a camera!

It would be, but i'm sceptical that they will do it for fear of cannibalising 1 series sales. It is interesting to speculate as to whether the merging of the 1 series lines might be indicative of a wider policy (i.e. merging of 7D and 5D lines)....

Sadly i can't afford it if no matter what they release, so its a bit moot to me.

Dec 29, 2011 at 09:07 AM
Kirivon

p.1 #16 · I want a 5D Mark III So hard...

15Bit wrote:
It would be, but i'm sceptical that they will do it for fear of cannibalising 1 series sales. It is interesting to speculate as to whether the merging of the 1 series lines might be indicative of a wider policy (i.e. merging of 7D and 5D lines)....

Sadly i can't afford it if no matter what they release, so its a bit moot to me.

Count me doubtful as well. Canon's always been pretty big on establishing marketing tiers and protecting its flagship cameras: just look at what happened to the 60D. If they nixed the 7D the xxD line would have to go back to being the flagship APS-C camera.

Also, the situation here isn't exactly the same--people with APS-H cameras still used FF glass for the most part. Merging the two formats didn't render the existing user base's lens lineup obsolete as it would to 7D users if the 5D/7D lines were combined.

IMO the main reason the 1D / 1Ds series as separate entities until now was because they didn't have competition from Nikon. With the D3 Nikon took a lot of the user base with a camera that had FF, great high ISO and high frame rates. The 1DX seems like Canon's effort to take back the market they lost to Nikon.

Though there's really not any point in speculating, but I think it's a safe bet that Canon will continue to protect their 1D sales by placing the 5D3 in a different market segment. Whether this will be down to inferior build and a flip-out screen (a la the 60D), lesser AF, or a high MP but poor iso (a la the D800) option remains to be seen.

Personally, if they re-release the 5dmk2 with more than one damn cross-type AF point and the ability to re-assign the front/rear dial functions I'd probably buy it. Oh hey, front dial is aperture in Av? Well now it's shutter in M. Ha-ha! (seriously, who thought of this). And I can't count the times the camera gave me the nope.jpg AF blink, refusing to even try to focus in EV5-8 situations with the peripheral AF points--only to bang on focus without hesitation once switched back to the center point. Better ISO, a better damped mirror and lower shutter lag would pretty much be gravy.

Dec 29, 2011 at 10:17 AM
PaulB
• •
p.1 #17 · I want a 5D Mark III So hard...

Kirivon wrote,
"Also, the situation here isn't exactly the same--people with APS-H cameras still used FF glass for the most part."

That's because EF-S lenses don't physically fit! And OK some people did/do use non-Canon APS-C lenses, but.........

Kirivon also says,
".....the main reason the 1D / 1Ds series as separate entities until now was because they didn't have competition from Nikon."

No so, it was because until the 1D-X Canon couldn't make a FF sensor 1 series body with high resolution AND the frame rate needed for sports, so needed two separate sensor sizes - Canon always intended the 1D and 1Ds lines to merge at some point.

Dec 29, 2011 at 10:54 AM
Dave_EP
• • •
p.1 #18 · I want a 5D Mark III So hard...

The 5D3 will need a vastly improved focus system or I won't even give it a second look. I'm tired of not being able to use off centre focusing in low light when focus and recompose will miss the moment.

Dec 29, 2011 at 11:39 AM
Rav13
• •
p.1 #19 · I want a 5D Mark III So hard...

Yeap 100% right.

RobDickinson wrote:
CR in blatant xmas web traffic punt stunt...

Dec 29, 2011 at 12:07 PM
RobertLynn
• • • • • •
p.1 #20 · I want a 5D Mark III So hard...

I bet 5d3 has 10 fps, 40mp, dual card slot, built in wireless, and weather sealed to withstand volcanoes.

Oh it will be kitted with 20-90mmf/2 is lens.

Release with the lens and pixma printer will be $3000 with a $700 mail in rebate.

Dec 29, 2011 at 03:52 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password