Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2011 · Canon 7D / Landscapes question ?

gowhow
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Canon 7D / Landscapes question ?

It sounds like (as others have said) that the other photog is a tool. I have a friend here in NZ who "only" has a 7D. He recently won the 2011 NZ Geographic Landscape Photographer of the year with his lousy 7D

Edit: The winning image was also printed and put on display at the Gala Dinner - the print was 1.2m wide I think

Dec 26, 2011 at 08:00 PM
BrianO
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Canon 7D / Landscapes question ?

rogerokelley wrote:
...I [saw] another photographer out there who stated the 7D was a sports camera and I will not get landscape pics from it. ...He kept bragging about his 5D.

Possible responses:

Oh, I'm just playing around while waiting to shoot a football game for Sports Illustrated.

An artist is known for his art, not for his tools.

Bragging about your big camera to compensate for your small size in other areas?

I left my Hasselblad H4D-200MS at home today.

I'll show you mine if you show me yours.

No speaka English.

Dec 26, 2011 at 08:22 PM
RobDickinson
• • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Canon 7D / Landscapes question ?

Hah this again. OK I will admit a 5D2 may be a better landscape camera but the 7D is no slouch.

My NZ Geographic award winning shot this year:

Misty Hagley Park sunrise 3 by robjdickinson, on Flickr

Dec 26, 2011 at 09:11 PM
Rick Schump
• • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Canon 7D / Landscapes question ?

Funny, Landscape is not only wide, and as stated earlier I have mine with a 100 - 400 mounted to it all the time, with the occ. 100 macro. The crop senor is a big advantage when I want to shoot close or tight comps. The FF sensor is nicer for ease of wide shots, but push come to shove a crop camera can shoot a pano. series and get almost anything a wide lens can with much more resolution. As stated, full sensors are nice, but a lot of talented people shoot the heck out o a crop sensor. Here are a few meager offerings from my T2i ( same sensor as the 7D ). Rick

Dec 27, 2011 at 02:37 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Canon 7D / Landscapes question ?

You don't need a full-frame body, nor do you need wide-angle lenses for landscapes. Some people just think you do.

Dec 27, 2011 at 05:22 AM
BrianO
• • • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Canon 7D / Landscapes question ?

Rick Schump wrote:
...The FF sensor is nicer for ease of wide shots, but push come to shove a crop camera can shoot a pano. series and get almost anything a wide lens can with much more resolution.

Since you can also shoot a multiframe panorama with a full-frame camera, that particular argument doesn't hold water.

Rick Schump wrote:
...As stated, full sensors are nice, but a lot of talented people shoot the heck out o a crop sensor.

This I agree with.

Dec 27, 2011 at 05:48 AM
Dustin Gent
• • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Canon 7D / Landscapes question ?

I wish I would run into someone who would tell me that my gear is no good or obsolete I have run into some tools out in the wild, but no one who is that ignorant as to what the OP described as approached me, lol.

I have the latest camera body (if it was 2002) and lens (if it was 1984)...

Dec 27, 2011 at 06:04 AM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password