Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2011 · SB700 on the fritz

gregfountain
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · SB700 on the fritz

Whenever I mount my SB700 to my D700, it start flashing without any input from me. It does this erratically while mounted on the body. I checked the shoe, it's tight, and the contacts are clean, and this doesn't happen with either of my SB600's, so I'm thinking the flash is malfunctioning. I've cycled through all the settings, reset it a couple of times as well (to default) and made sure the D700 was either in TTL mode, or manual mode. Still has a mind of it's own...

Before I arrange to ship it to Nikon for repair, I thought I'd check here to see if there is something I am missing? Anyone else have this problem?

Dec 26, 2011 at 07:31 AM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · SB700 on the fritz

Do you have access to another camera to mount it on to see if it does it on the other camera as well, maybe at a camera store?

Dec 26, 2011 at 12:32 PM
Mykal
• • •
p.1 #3 · SB700 on the fritz

It could be the D700. There is a know problem with the D700 hotshoe causing such behaviour. I sent in two for the same problem.

Does it happen if you twist the flash in the hotshoe?

The Sb600 may not be heavy enought for the problem to manifest itself. As suggested test on another camera to make sure.

Dec 26, 2011 at 03:57 PM
Scott Grant
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · SB700 on the fritz

Another vote for a bad hot shoe on the camera!

Dec 26, 2011 at 04:38 PM
gregfountain
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · SB700 on the fritz

Thanks for the feedback, I'll check it out...

Dec 26, 2011 at 05:08 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password