Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2011 · Variable ND Filter

khurram1
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Variable ND Filter

I found these Variable ND filters online:
http://maxsaver.net/Daisee-82mm-Variable-ND-Neutral-Density-Filter.aspx

Has anyone tried these Daisee Variable ND filters Price is a lot less then Singh-Ray, unsure of quality, as I've never heard of this brand before. This place does also sell B+W filter as well, though.

Dec 26, 2011 at 03:47 AM
sjms
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Variable ND Filter

http://www.daisee.ca/home.html
formed in 2009. Canada/HK

you pays your money and you takes your chances

Dec 26, 2011 at 01:26 PM
Roland W
• • •
p.1 #3 · Variable ND Filter

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Marumi-77mm-DHG-Vari-ND-ND2-ND400-400-Neutral-Density-Fader-Filter-77-Japan-/200674179294?pt=Camera_Filters&hash=item2eb91cf8de

I have not used one of these yet, but Marumi has a good reputation for providing quality filters at a reasonable price. But it looks like you were after 82mm, and they do not offer that size.

Dec 26, 2011 at 08:08 PM
khurram1
• • • •
p.1 #4 · Variable ND Filter

Roland W wrote:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Marumi-77mm-DHG-Vari-ND-ND2-ND400-400-Neutral-Density-Fader-Filter-77-Japan-/200674179294?pt=Camera_Filters&hash=item2eb91cf8de

I have not used one of these yet, but Marumi has a good reputation for providing quality filters at a reasonable price. But it looks like you were after 82mm, and they do not offer that size.

I've got both the Vari-ND and Vari-ND Duo in 77mm, but was looking for an 82mm. Ordinarily, I woudn't even consider any screw on filters other then B+W/Heliopan/Rodenstock/Hoya Pro 1 or HD/Singh-Ray filters, but the other brands this place sells are Hoya/B+W and Kenko, so wasn't sure if this was a qaulity new brand or junk.

Not willing to spend the money testing, so wanted to see if anyone else has bit yet

Dec 27, 2011 at 07:20 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

epphoto
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · Variable ND Filter

I just got one of this Dasee 77mm Variable ND
I was very surprised to see how good quality this filter is
The best $100.00 i ever spent

Dec 30, 2011 at 09:43 PM
khurram1
• • • •
p.1 #6 · Variable ND Filter

epphoto wrote:
I just got one of this Dasee 77mm Variable ND
I was very surprised to see how good quality this filter is
The best $100.00 i ever spent

Thanks for your response! I was actually just checking out reviews for the new Heliopan variable ND filters, which sells for $500 for the 82mm size!!! The only thing that makes it attractive is that it appears to be slimmer then the Singh-Ray and better made (scale is etched rather the. A sticker like the Singh-ray).

Ive got three questions for you. First of all, how thick is it? I'd also be interested in knowing if there is any color shifting or color cast at the highest ND and whether it vignette with wide angle lenses?

From reviews I read of the Fader filter is that there is some color shift. With my Singh-ray 77mm vari-nd and vari-duo I find I get vignetting with a full frame sensor at 24mm and under.

I'm looking for a variable ND for my Tse 24mm and 16-35mm lenses that require a 82mm filter.

Dec 30, 2011 at 11:47 PM
epphoto
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · Variable ND Filter

I use the filter with my 24-70 and 5D mk2 no vig in 24mm
The color cast is alot better then Hiteck or the big stoper ... I had both and this is the main reason I sold them
All filters 8-10 stop they have some color cast but I found the daisee it is very good
Very sharp pictures even up to 8 stop and easy to use
I'm sure the Heliopan filter it's better but I don't see me spent $500.00 on a filter where it will have minimum use,the thickness is slim but not as slim as Tiffen CPL, I can say is thik as a Tiffen 77mm UV
I wish I can use it with my 17 mm ts

Dec 31, 2011 at 12:49 AM
khurram1
• • • •
p.1 #8 · Variable ND Filter

Thanks again for the reply! I also didn't want to spend $500 on a filter that gets minimal use - I have a hard time justifying my two SR filters, especially given that they can't be used at 24mm lens.

I also ended up selling my 5 stop SR 5 stop ND 4x4 filter because of the horrible magenta color cast, so it's nice to hear this filter is also good in that regard.

epphoto wrote:
I use the filter with my 24-70 and 5D mk2 no vig in 24mm
The color cast is alot better then Hiteck or the big stoper ... I had both and this is the main reason I sold them
All filters 8-10 stop they have some color cast but I found the daisee it is very good
Very sharp pictures even up to 8 stop and easy to use
I'm sure the Heliopan filter it's better but I don't see me spent $500.00 on a filter where it will have minimum use,the thickness is slim but not as slim as
...Show more

Dec 31, 2011 at 02:13 AM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password