Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2011 · IPF5100 printer woes

mark petri
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · IPF5100 printer woes

My ipf started getting a check nozzle warning that I would have to press "online" every page i wanted to print. I started going thru the cleaning cycle, but then hit a wall with yellow ink running out. By all appearances on the net and wiki, print head warnings normally require replacing vs cleaning.

Temped to dump it and pick up a new printer based on some of the current rebates rather than sink the money in the 5100 on new ink and $ print head. Whatcha think? For those that have had that error, have you have any luck actually cleaning them and getting rid of the message?

Dec 25, 2011 at 04:06 AM
Alan321
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · IPF5100 printer woes

I've not had that problem yet (with my 6100). The printer should be left on standby to help prevent such problems between prints but in terms of replacing the head vs replacing the printer I can think of two important consideration:

1. the newer printers use more robust inks than the 5100 does and that could be a deciding factor. By "robust" I mean they are less likely to scratch when the prints are being handled.

2. If the value of the inks you have in the printer and as spares is sufficiently high then a repair may be cost effective because you won't be able to use those inks in a new printer.

- Alan

Dec 27, 2011 at 02:32 AM
mark petri
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · IPF5100 printer woes

Hi Alan - Yes, I was on the road for a few months and the boss shut it off while I was away. I assume that was the issue.

As luck would have it. The issue seemed to go away nicely after 6 or so cleaning and a night or two of sleep. Working perfectly fine now with no errors !

Dec 28, 2011 at 11:11 PM
Alan321
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · IPF5100 printer woes

Lucky you. That saved a few dollars As a matter of interest, do you happen to know if the repeated cleanings used a lot of ink ?

Dec 29, 2011 at 02:00 PM
mark petri
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · IPF5100 printer woes

I probably used around 15ML over the course of a handful of cleanings

Dec 30, 2011 at 03:52 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password