Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2011 · Small bag for 5d ii and 35L

h00ligan
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Small bag for 5d ii and 35L

Nothing else..basically, what works for just a body small prime.

Something you'd take to grandma's for the Christmas party....

I have a crumpler 3mdh but it's just too tight, getting in and out is a pain.

I'm going nuts trying to find the super small, convenient bag that doesn't cost an arm and a leg! I'm sorry for a bag question and I've been all over cambags, but there're just sooooo many it's tough to get any sort of idea!

Dec 24, 2011 at 09:20 PM
anorphirith
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Small bag for 5d ii and 35L

I"d get the 4MDH or the 5MDH

Dec 24, 2011 at 10:56 PM
Psychic1
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Small bag for 5d ii and 35L

I use a Domke protective wrap.

Dec 24, 2011 at 11:17 PM
rscheffler
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Small bag for 5d ii and 35L

Either the Domke F-5XA or slightly larger XB. Depends also on how padded you like your bags because the Domkes use thinner padding for more of a body hugging design than the typical well-stuffed, boxy bags.

I plan to get one of these, but for a rangefinder and a few lenses and there are a number of video reviews on youtube, such as from this guy who covers the 5XB and C: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL383DC234D4BF6902&feature=plcp.

And you'll have a nice small bag for when you decide to get back into the M system

Dec 25, 2011 at 04:44 AM
h00ligan
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Small bag for 5d ii and 35L

Thanks for the starters!

Thaaaaaaaanks Ronnnn it's coming...of course. I'm up for a new job which will take 70 hrs a week, in which case, I will be moving away from dslr for the most part...wish me luck!

Dec 25, 2011 at 07:19 AM
mspencer1
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Small bag for 5d ii and 35L

A billingham hadley digital will work great for this.

Dec 25, 2011 at 03:39 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Gochugogi
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Small bag for 5d ii and 35L

I use the Crumpler 5MDH for a 5D2/50 1.2L/hood with just enough room left for my 220EX, iPhone and a couple CF cards. It's designed to look like a messenger bag but is so small it feels a bit purse-like.

Dec 25, 2011 at 05:39 PM
h00ligan
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Small bag for 5d ii and 35L

Thanks!

Dec 25, 2011 at 06:25 PM
sailingpilot
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Small bag for 5d ii and 35L

Crumpler 7 MDH... gripped 5DII, 35L attached most of the time. Light, easy to carry with handle or messenger style. And of course, room for more...

Dec 25, 2011 at 06:38 PM
huddy
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Small bag for 5d ii and 35L

I carry a TT Retrospective 5. It's small and very unobtrusive. I normally pack a D700 and three MF primes.

Dec 25, 2011 at 06:44 PM
Gochugogi
• • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Small bag for 5d ii and 35L

sailingpilot wrote:
Crumpler 7 MDH... gripped 5DII, 35L attached most of the time. Light, easy to carry with handle or messenger style. And of course, room for more...

I have one too but small it's not. It's massive compared to the 5MDH but the right bag when you need everything and feel really strong. My only beef with the Crumpler bags is the cloth used it very abrasive and will really chew up delicate fabrics if you walk around a lot. I have many holes in my t-shirts where the bag rubs on my hip. Finally I sewed a bit of thin leather on each bag and can wear silk or fine leather jackets without injury.

Dec 25, 2011 at 07:15 PM
HelenaN
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Small bag for 5d ii and 35L

Domke F-5XB is the perfect size when 5D + 35L is all I want to bring. It also fits my cell phone, pen, spare battery and wallet, but that's about it.

The bag is pretty neutral looking. I find it easy to take the camera out and put it back in (it fits with the hood mounted which is great). In general I'm happy with it, but the velcro is very noisy and I would love to have a slightly more stylish bag.

Jan 02, 2012 at 11:33 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password