Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

3              6       7       end

Archive 2011 · Let's see your website...

thedruid
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · Let's see your website...

I use Aphotofolio.com, I have not found anything else this customizable...you don't like your site a year later you can change out pretty much everything.

my site www.dermotconlan.com

Jan 03, 2012 at 02:11 PM
mulder32
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · Let's see your website...

Been using Smugmug from the get-go about four years ago. An occasional snag that I need help with, but for the most part I've done all the work.

www.focalpointphotowi.com

Jan 03, 2012 at 04:38 PM
Jeffrey
• • • • •
p.2 #3 · Let's see your website...

I used Dreamweaver with a plugin from XLM Flash Slideshow available at DWUser.com, which now is not 'flash' based. Works well for me.

My Photo Site

Jan 04, 2012 at 09:38 PM
Steve Bingham

p.2 #4 · Let's see your website...

From scratch with FrontPage, which is now (free) SP Design.
www.dustylens.com
www.ghost-town-photography.com
Over the years dustylens has become huge and has over 700 unique visitors every day - sometimes a lot more. Record was close to 4,000 in one day.

Please feel to browse and e-mail me with any questions. Honest.

Jan 05, 2012 at 12:31 AM
Steve Bingham

p.2 #5 · Let's see your website...

To thedruid. I like your site a lot. Very professional work.

Jan 05, 2012 at 12:35 AM
threemilesfina
• •
p.2 #6 · Let's see your website...

http://threemilesfinal.com

Wordpress self-hosted install on servers at http://www.webserve.ca and all my images are kept on photobucket as I don't post high-res ones on there except on the odd special occasion.

Generally I keep it Aviation Photography related but flex my Geek Muscles on occasion and write the occasional industry interest article.

Jan 07, 2012 at 06:20 PM
PeterToronto
• • •
p.2 #7 · Let's see your website...

I should warn you first...I have grown to really dislike my site and I need to find the time to update the images and the entire feel of it.

Peace
Peter

www.peteranthonyphotography.com

Jan 07, 2012 at 06:28 PM
Wayne Willison
• • •
p.2 #8 · Let's see your website...

I wanted total control over my nature photography site, including the ability to update quickly. So I learned code, took 4-5 weeks to learn and this is it.

www.waynewillison.com

Jan 08, 2012 at 05:39 PM
CTYankee
• • • • •
p.2 #9 · Let's see your website...

One observation: not many sites promote the business. Most highlight nice photos but make it hard to tell if the photographer is for hire or just someone who takes nice photos. If you want your site to promote your business then the home page should clearly communicate tht. Not one here does that.

Answer the question visitors ask: what do I do here? Most the answer is "look at nice photos". Few say "hire a good photographer".

one example of a web design/development firm:
http://gauged2.com/

They have eye candy that says "quality nice looking work" but its done in a way that says 'hire us'.

Edited on Jan 08, 2012 at 10:29 PM · View previous versions

Jan 08, 2012 at 10:15 PM
fixedgearmike
• •
p.2 #10 · Let's see your website...

this is very new and I need to add stuff about me and (like you say) - how to hire me!

www.simpleimages.co.uk

it's zenfolio, took me about a day to do, with my URL hosted by godaddy (is 'hosted' the right expression? I'm goddam awful at this!)

Jan 08, 2012 at 10:22 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

thedruid
• • •
p.2 #11 · Let's see your website...

Thanks Steve, there' a lot of very nice work on your site especially the conceptual stuff!

Jan 09, 2012 at 04:32 PM
Alex Nail
• • • •
p.2 #12 · Let's see your website...

I learned code and designed my site myself. The content management system was designed by a friend.

http://www.alexnail.com/

Jan 09, 2012 at 08:09 PM
Twisties
• •
p.2 #13 · Let's see your website...

It's a good point. There are really two basic models here. One is Photographer For Hire. The other is Buy My Stuff (prints mainly). There is considerable variety within those two categories, but I am seeing that as the major first decision.

In the for hire sites the images are primarily serving the purpose of a portfolio or demonstration of the product the client may expect. In the Buy My Stuff sites the images are the product.

The for hire sites need limited online shopping cart services, need to emphasize contact info, and seem to have generally more streamlined and pleasing design.

The buy my stuff sites need more complex organization, smooth online purchasing, and may be a little less web design oriented in general.

Both sites seem to benefit from artist statements, blog/article/tips, and other materials that help make the artist real, and offer another way to show off and dicuss/pique-interest-in works.

This has really opened my mind!

Jan 09, 2012 at 08:43 PM
cantwellian
• •
p.2 #14 · Let's see your website...

I'm going to go ahead and throw myself on the fire here. My site is only a few weeks old, and is obviously a work in progress. I'll be re-routing it through a custom domain soon, but for now it's just hosted at squarespace. My sales pitch is a bit forward, but I'm very open to reshaping it, so be honest!

www.bryancantwell.squarespace.com

Jan 10, 2012 at 03:11 AM
Twisties
• •
p.2 #15 · Let's see your website...

Bryan, as you seem to be inviting response, I would move your gallery forward (left) on the menu bar. I found myself wondering where the pics were. Also your thumbnails don't respect your full size crops and don't show off your work as well as they might. Not a big deal, but if it's an easy setting to change I would do it.

Oh, and maybe a pic of yourself.

It seems like a great start!

Jan 10, 2012 at 07:15 PM
cantwellian
• •
p.2 #16 · Let's see your website...

Thanks! Yeah, I'm not a fan of the thumbnails, but there doesn't seem to be an easy way of changing them in squarespace's architecture. Moving the tab is a good idea, I think I'll give that a shot!

(And I could put a shot of myself on there, I've just got chronic hide-behind-the-camera-itis. )

Thank you very much for taking the time to review my site, I appreciate it!

Jan 11, 2012 at 04:11 AM
Twisties
• •
p.2 #17 · Let's see your website...

Alex Nail wrote:
I learned code and designed my site myself. The content management system was designed by a friend.

http://www.alexnail.com/

Every time I go to your site I am just blown away by the photos that keep flowing before my eyes. The tonality is just amazing. I am going to have to force myself to look at how the site works.

Jan 13, 2012 at 04:29 PM
Eric_M_Klein

p.2 #18 · Let's see your website...

I have two. My Smugmug is a gallery at eric-michael-klein.smugmug.com and my primary is: from Creative Motion Design: www.ericmkleinphotography.com

Jan 27, 2012 at 04:36 AM
Sid Ceaser
• • •
p.2 #19 · Let's see your website...

My websites:

www.ceaserphotography.com for my commercial shooting

www.sidceaserfineart.com for my fine art work

www.portableportrait.com for my photography workshop

My commercial and workshop website are by the same person, who is local. He recently converted my workshop site to a word press back end, so it's very easy to manage. He's currently working on converting the back end of my commercial site to word press as well. I'm very happy that nothing visually has changed with the back end upgrade. This person also hosts these two websites for me as well.

My fine art website was put together back in 2004 by a friend. It's fairly simple design, but works perfectly for what I use it for - to show my fine art work.

Jan 27, 2012 at 05:48 PM
m.shalaby
• •
p.2 #20 · Let's see your website...

http://www.mshalabyphotography.com

Jan 30, 2012 at 09:54 PM

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password