New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2011 · Save on Adobe Upgrades

mptnest
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Save on Adobe Upgrades

I had to upgrade my CS5 Design Premium to 5.5 today due to an instability issue with InDesign running in Win7 64bit. I was pleasantly surprised to find Adobe is running a 20% discount on upgrades for older versions to the end of the month of December.

Upgrade CS5 Design Premium to 5.5 for $399 (normal price)
Upgrade CS4 Design Premium to 5.5 for $519 (reg $649)
Upgrade SC3 Design Premium to 5.5 for $759 (reg $949)

I was told you can upgrade to the current version for these prices. January 1, prices go back to the regular prices. When CS6 is released, you can only upgrade from the previous version. All other versions will have to be replaced with full licensing.

I'm not sure of all the details and elegibility issues involved for the discounts, but. Thought I'd pass the word along.

Yeah, I agree it stinks, but it is what it is. This helps soften the blow a bit anyway.

Dec 20, 2011 at 09:29 PM
skibum5
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Save on Adobe Upgrades

mptnest wrote:
I had to upgrade my CS5 Design Premium to 5.5 today due to an instability issue with InDesign running in Win7 64bit. I was pleasantly surprised to find Adobe is running a 20% discount on upgrades for older versions to the end of the month of December.

Upgrade CS5 Design Premium to 5.5 for $399 (normal price)
Upgrade CS4 Design Premium to 5.5 for $519 (reg $649)
Upgrade SC3 Design Premium to 5.5 for $759 (reg $949)

I was told you can upgrade to the current version for these prices. January 1, prices go back to the regular prices. When CS6 is
...Show more

I've already softened my blow by giving up on InDesign. Trapped in a suite as with others, it's the only program I need from that suite so no way I will pay for a full suite upgrade every year or something. So I've locked myself into the $0 nongrade plan . If Adobe ever misses enough of our business perhaps they will one day change.

Dec 21, 2011 at 12:28 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.