Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1
       2       end
  

Archive 2011 · Capture NX 2.3.0 available
  
 
Nickle S.
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Capture NX 2.3.0 available


http://www.europe-nikon.com/en_GB/service_support/service_support_main.page?lang=&lid=0

Click on support and downloads. ViewNX 2.2.5 available too.


So far, so good.

Nicholas
www.copperhillimages.com



Dec 20, 2011 at 03:20 PM
sjms
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Capture NX 2.3.0 available


beat me by mere moments. i was too busy loading them into my machine.


Dec 20, 2011 at 03:43 PM
lou f
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Capture NX 2.3.0 available


anyone got the 64 bit mac version up and running yet?


Dec 20, 2011 at 04:08 PM
FredAz
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Capture NX 2.3.0 available


Finally a version that doesn't crash on my 64-bit machine!!!
YEA



Dec 20, 2011 at 04:13 PM
anthonysemone
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Capture NX 2.3.0 available


I keep getting a dialogue box saying that there is a previous version installed, even after I have used the Uninstaller to remove all NX2 software. Recommendations?


Dec 20, 2011 at 04:27 PM
lou f
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Capture NX 2.3.0 available


just messing with a couple of d700 nef files on my crappy work pc, is this version alot faster?


Dec 20, 2011 at 04:34 PM
jhinkey
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Capture NX 2.3.0 available


anthonysemone wrote:
I keep getting a dialogue box saying that there is a previous version installed, even after I have used the Uninstaller to remove all NX2 software. Recommendations?

Reboot after uninstall?



Dec 20, 2011 at 04:40 PM
anthonysemone
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Capture NX 2.3.0 available


I had to use the installer that came with the new installer package, and then rebooting did the trick. Thank you sir


Dec 20, 2011 at 04:44 PM
mill4570
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Capture NX 2.3.0 available



Why would you have to uninstall the older version and reboot The instructions say the new version will overwrite and update.

Richard K.



Dec 20, 2011 at 06:41 PM
Nickle S.
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Capture NX 2.3.0 available


mill4570 wrote:
Why would you have to uninstall the older version and reboot The instructions say the new version will overwrite and update.

Richard K.


You must uninstall the older version, but there should be no need to reboot.

Nicholas



Dec 20, 2011 at 06:56 PM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



mill4570
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Capture NX 2.3.0 available


Nickle S. wrote:
You must uninstall the older version, but there should be no need to reboot.

Nicholas


Nicholas,

Thanks for the input....I was referencing the first line in the software description.....

"This is the full install version of Capture NX 2.3.0 for Windows and Macintosh computers. If you are currently using Capture NX 2 this download will upgrade the existing software to version 2.3.0. When using the software as an updater, it may be necessary to enter the product key again to confirm ownership of a previous version of the software."

I guess it can't hurt to uninstall the old,
Richard K.



Dec 20, 2011 at 07:06 PM
lou f
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Capture NX 2.3.0 available


64 bit on the mac is so much nicer!

pity it took so feckin long.



Dec 20, 2011 at 08:58 PM
Nickle S.
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Capture NX 2.3.0 available


louis fusco wrote:
64 bit on the mac is so much nicer!

pity it took so feckin long.


Louis,

You had asked if this update was faster and I'm beginning to believe it is, although I don't have any numbers for comparison. Opening NEF files and rendering adjustments just seem a lot faster than 2.2.8. I'm running W7-Premium, 64-bit, 4.0 GHz.

Nicholas
www.copperhillimages.com



Dec 20, 2011 at 09:17 PM
sjms
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Capture NX 2.3.0 available


substantially faster on a 64bit Windows machine.
pulled this down off my Drobo and spat it out in under 2 minutes worth of work from .nef.








Dec 20, 2011 at 10:00 PM
BlueBomberTurbo
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Capture NX 2.3.0 available


One question: is it near as fast as ACR in terms of adjustment rendering? I forgot which CNX 2 version I have (around a year old), but it's painfully slow when it comes to that, while ACR is instant. I'd love to go back to CNX 2 for pics I want to make look more natural...


Dec 20, 2011 at 10:24 PM
Chris Noyes
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Capture NX 2.3.0 available


Is Capture NX2 v 2.3 compatible (i.e., tested and endorsed by Nikon) with OSX 10.7.2 (Lion)?


Dec 20, 2011 at 10:26 PM
Nickle S.
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Capture NX 2.3.0 available


BlueBomberTurbo wrote:
One question: is it near as fast as ACR in terms of adjustment rendering? I forgot which CNX 2 version I have (around a year old), but it's painfully slow when it comes to that, while ACR is instant. I'd love to go back to CNX 2 for pics I want to make look more natural...


It's definitely NOT instantaneous like ACR, but 2.3.0 has closed the gap immensely. Of course you have to have some muscle in your PC to run NX2 in the first place.

Nicholas
www.copperhillimages.com



Dec 20, 2011 at 10:30 PM
Chris Noyes
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Capture NX 2.3.0 available


Chris Noyes wrote:
Is Capture NX2 v 2.3 compatible (i.e., tested and endorsed by Nikon) with OSX 10.7.2 (Lion)?


Never mind, I just opened the linked pdf file from the download site and found the Nikon adenda to the Capture NX2 User's Manual. It clearly states that it's fully compatible with Lion.



Dec 20, 2011 at 10:40 PM
lou f
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Capture NX 2.3.0 available


Nickle S. wrote:
Louis,

You had asked if this update was faster and I'm beginning to believe it is, although I don't have any numbers for comparison. Opening NEF files and rendering adjustments just seem a lot faster than 2.2.8. I'm running W7-Premium, 64-bit, 4.0 GHz.

Nicholas
www.copperhillimages.com


Yea it's very noticeably faster on my mac, snow leopard, and windows 7 laptop.



Dec 20, 2011 at 10:44 PM
jhinkey
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Capture NX 2.3.0 available


Gonna need all that speed and 64 bit memory usage for the 36MP monster that's to be announced next month.


Dec 20, 2011 at 11:06 PM
1
       2       end




FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1
       2       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password