Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2011 · Nikon SB-900 Misfire Problem

epgcomp

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Nikon SB-900 Misfire Problem

I am just trying to see if anyone had had the same problem?

I have used an SB900 mounted on D300 and D200 in TTL mode, just lately the flash has started to misfire. When I take a picture it won’t flash but the 'test flash' button blinks for around 3 or 4 seconds like it triggered the flash. The unit fires randomly, there are times you may get four flashes and then several misfires. I have a Nikon SB-800 that works fine all the time with the D300 and D200, the only misfire issue is with the SB-900 on both camera bodies.

Dec 19, 2011 at 02:25 PM
Nathan Padgett
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Nikon SB-900 Misfire Problem

Many people (including myself) have had issues with the SB-900's. The erratic behavior occurs when the camera's hotshoe gets loose. Most people have had this problem with the D700, but I'd bet more SB-900 owners have D700s instead of D200s and D300s so that's why we've heard more about the D700 hotshoe problem. The shoe of the SB-900 is larger than the other Nikon flashes. You may eventually have a problem with your other flashes as well. My SB-800 worked fine for a while even when my SB-900 was firing randomly, but it eventually started having similar problems.

Dec 20, 2011 at 01:47 AM
epgcomp

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Nikon SB-900 Misfire Problem

Thanks Nathan, I am going to send the unit to Nikon .... I hope they can fix the problem!

Dec 21, 2011 at 12:28 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password