Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2011 · proper way to process files for web viewing

lwrnclightner
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · proper way to process files for web viewing

I am concerned that I may not be utilizing the best process when I convert and save a file in cs3. Isn't there a proper way to save a file that optimizes it for web viewing. I post images on smugmug and sometimes create a album for Face book viewing direct from smugmug.

To date I have been converting to from raw to jpg and done. I just want to be sure I am showing the best possible file. A lot of my images are high iso images so there is noise, but it comes with the territory. I use noise reduction to a minimum to avoid losing too much detail.

Any advise is appreciated. Thanx

Lawrence

Dec 17, 2011 at 09:37 PM
Alan321
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · proper way to process files for web viewing

I'd expect noise to be minimal by the time the image has been dumbed down to web resolutions. That dumbing down sacrifices far more detail than any reasonable noise reduction will do.

Most people would recommend that the output file be set for sRGB colour space as if that will work perfectly for everyone, but you cannot count on it. Viewers still need profiled monitors to show colours most accurately, and of course they need to be using colour managed software such as Firefox or Safari - not Internet Explorer.

To help those users of Firefox and Safari you should include the sRGB colour space profile in your image files. Likewise, you might even have an Adobe RGB version for viewers who have wide gamut monitors but they are in a minority.

- Alan

Dec 18, 2011 at 02:05 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password