Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2011 · Lightroom 3.6

mptnest
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Lightroom 3.6

Any report on 3.6? I just loaded it. First impression looks favorable. Seems to be much quicker loading and uploading files and the NR seems to be a bit cleaner (working on the 5D2 and 7D files). Curious if there are any other findings?

Dec 17, 2011 at 02:51 AM
TrojanHorse
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Lightroom 3.6

I didn't notice any difference, but I only went through about 80 files, and not in gory detail.

Dec 17, 2011 at 06:40 AM
Alan321
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Lightroom 3.6

The Lr 3.6 readme file didn't mention anything about changing the noise reduction. I think they would have done if it was significant or beneficial.

Dec 17, 2011 at 07:34 AM
Ho1972
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Lightroom 3.6

There are reports of bugs (mostly, but not all, on the Mac side). The worst thing I saw being talked about was catalog corruption.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/938356?tstart=0

I think I'm sitting this one out.

Dec 17, 2011 at 10:44 AM
Matt OHarver
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Lightroom 3.6

Well I updated it to 3.6 on Windows and there are some changes that I'm not happy about. Most outstanding that I can see is there is no longer an X in the upper right corner where you can close the program? The upper and lower edges also auto hid and unhide which make it hard to get to the command files that are normally along the top. I think I'm going back to 3.5 for a while.

Dec 19, 2011 at 04:33 AM
TrojanHorse
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Lightroom 3.6

Matt OHarver wrote:
Well I updated it to 3.6 on Windows and there are some changes that I'm not happy about. Most outstanding that I can see is there is no longer an X in the upper right corner where you can close the program? The upper and lower edges also auto hid and unhide which make it hard to get to the command files that are normally along the top. I think I'm going back to 3.5 for a while.

You sure? Mine's not doing that. You may have inadvertently triggered some setting change.

Click on the little triangle to keep the top and bottom panels present, and I"m not sure how to get that red X back but mine's there.

Dec 19, 2011 at 04:48 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Matt OHarver
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Lightroom 3.6

TrojanHorse wrote:
You sure? Mine's not doing that. You may have inadvertently triggered some setting change.

Click on the little triangle to keep the top and bottom panels present, and I"m not sure how to get that red X back but mine's there.

I updated it opened it up without touching anything else and the auto hide/show was there and never has been before. I use those links up there all the time. And the X in the upper right also disappeared at the same time.

Dec 19, 2011 at 05:03 AM
Alan321
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Lightroom 3.6

Matt, try pressing the F key to get the appropriate level of full screen mode. That may restore your windows control buttons.

- Alan

Dec 19, 2011 at 03:47 PM
miccullen
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Lightroom 3.6

Matt OHarver wrote:

None of those issues here (Win7/64).

Dec 19, 2011 at 10:04 PM
stebesplace
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Lightroom 3.6

Guess I'll subscribe to this thread and see how things pan out. I'm on a Mac, so if there are issues with corrupt catalogs, I'll gladly wait, especially since it's a minor release.

Dec 20, 2011 at 09:47 AM
EGrav
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Lightroom 3.6

No probs here on iMac and MBP (at least so far)

Dec 21, 2011 at 03:20 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password