Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

  

Archive 2011 · New Glass From Nikon
  
 
lukeb
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · New Glass From Nikon


http://www.nikonsportoptics.com/Products/Fieldscopes/8273/EDG-VR-Fieldscope-85MM.html


Dec 15, 2011 at 10:18 PM
trenchmonkey
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · New Glass From Nikon


Looks nice but "Wow on the $$" and a hearty WTF with that red ring


Dec 16, 2011 at 02:25 AM
EB-1
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · New Glass From Nikon


It's not all that different from the red markings on the hand grips of the SLRs. Some style or fashion I suppose...

EBH



Dec 16, 2011 at 03:00 AM
M635_Guy
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · New Glass From Nikon


EB-1 wrote:
It's not all that different from the red markings on the hand grips of the SLRs. Some style or fashion I suppose...

EBH


I think our Monkey friend is suggesting that looks a lot like the ring you see on Canon L glass...




Dec 16, 2011 at 03:10 AM
Gilligan
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · New Glass From Nikon


Looks very canon'esq to me... at least it isn't white...


Dec 16, 2011 at 02:02 PM
EB-1
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · New Glass From Nikon


Wouldn't Canon be light gray? It could be from Zeiss or Swarovski, etc. for all that it matters. A scope does not have the degree of incompatible dedication found in an SLR system.

EBH



Dec 16, 2011 at 06:10 PM
Two23
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · New Glass From Nikon


Would look cool sitting on top of my .30-06!


Kent in SD



Dec 17, 2011 at 01:18 AM
galenapass
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · New Glass From Nikon


I can't hep but wonder what an image from this would look like, say on a D300 (or D400 if it would ever arrive!).


Dec 17, 2011 at 04:58 AM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



NathanHamler
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · New Glass From Nikon


now aside from the price, this is different than a 500mm f/4 VR how

EDIT: oh wait i just saw it's a zoom...



Dec 18, 2011 at 01:53 AM
joshn
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · New Glass From Nikon


What do people use these for? Bird spotting? Recon?


Dec 18, 2011 at 07:23 PM
saaketham
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · New Glass From Nikon


That seems to be the ultimate digiscoping gadget ... Wow .. now, it needs to be seen what the image quality is like.


Dec 18, 2011 at 07:56 PM
NightOwl Cat
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · New Glass From Nikon


There is this:

Protection against demanding elements

EDG VR Fieldscopes are designed to withstand the harshest elements. The body and eyepieces are sealed for superior waterproofing performance and filled with nitrogen gas to prevent fogging and condensation due to extreme temperature change.

NathanHamler wrote:
now aside from the price, this is different than a 500mm f/4 VR how

EDIT: oh wait i just saw it's a zoom...

test



Dec 18, 2011 at 08:20 PM
saaketham
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · New Glass From Nikon


The problem with scopes though, is that the max apertures are often f/8 to f/11. So, manual focusing with it is a pain. I rented a Pentax scope and adapter last year to see if digiscoping is for me, but .. it wasn't. The VF got too dark and ... well .. long story short, it's not a 500mm f/4 or 600mm f/4.


Dec 18, 2011 at 08:34 PM
HerbChong
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · New Glass From Nikon


standard for top of the line spotting scopes from all manufacturers.

Herb...

NightOwl Cat wrote:
There is this:

Protection against demanding elements

EDG VR Fieldscopes are designed to withstand the harshest elements. The body and eyepieces are sealed for superior waterproofing performance and filled with nitrogen gas to prevent fogging and condensation due to extreme temperature change.




Dec 19, 2011 at 04:19 PM
HerbChong
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · New Glass From Nikon


image quality isn't the best either even for a top of the line scope. it's definitely not a 600/4. with a body like the D300s on a 600/4, can crop to the same FOV as my Pentax PF-100 scope with about the same quality. however for actual looking through, i have an eyepiece for 180x magnification which is why i have one.

Herb...

saaketham wrote:
The problem with scopes though, is that the max apertures are often f/8 to f/11. So, manual focusing with it is a pain. I rented a Pentax scope and adapter last year to see if digiscoping is for me, but .. it wasn't. The VF got too dark and ... well .. long story short, it's not a 500mm f/4 or 600mm f/4.




Dec 19, 2011 at 04:22 PM





FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password