New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2011 · Canon EOS 1D Mark II Battery Replacement

JayDavis
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Canon EOS 1D Mark II Battery Replacement

I went on Ebay to purchase a couple of replacement batteries for my cameras.

They were not original Canon batteries but they were a very good price. After I got them,
they worked for about a day, then they quit working because they did not fit tight enough
in the battery holder.

Fortunately, the Ebay seller has agreed to let me return them.

Does anyone have any experience with these batteries? I don't really want to buy Canon
ones, if I can avoid it, due to the expense of it. Any recommendations on another vendor or
supply chain?

Thanks in advance.

Dec 14, 2011 at 09:26 PM
reno.peterson
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Canon EOS 1D Mark II Battery Replacement

Ebay is a craps shoot, but that information is given in hindsight...Lenmar batteries are the best made besides the Canon's. I've used them for my 1DsII and my current 1DII...

Pick em up HERE !!!!!

Dec 14, 2011 at 09:33 PM
KINGOFKNGS
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Canon EOS 1D Mark II Battery Replacement

I just bought one of the Lenmars off of Amazon for $27.99 with free shipping. It's supposed to arrive tomorrow. No idea yet how it'll work.

Dec 14, 2011 at 09:36 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Canon EOS 1D Mark II Battery Replacement

https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1068140

Dec 14, 2011 at 09:37 PM
WAYCOOL
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Canon EOS 1D Mark II Battery Replacement

I bought 3 for $50 on Amazon as they arrived the little silver tab that swings into place to lock them needed to be tightened so the power contacts would stay connected. They still did not fit real well but taking the caps off the old Canon batteries and putting them on the cheap new ones made them fit snug as OEM. Now have 3 batteries that work great.

Dec 14, 2011 at 10:09 PM
gdanmitchell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Canon EOS 1D Mark II Battery Replacement

I used to use third- party batteries on my 5D, and they worked great. I tried the same thing with third-party batteries for my 5D2, and I had nothing but trouble.

I'd get stock Canon batteries if I were you.

Dec 14, 2011 at 10:18 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Canon EOS 1D Mark II Battery Replacement

EB-1 wrote:
https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1068140

+1

Dec 14, 2011 at 10:36 PM
craigbess
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Canon EOS 1D Mark II Battery Replacement

Lenmar are the way to go, I've been using them for a couple of years and the still rocking strong.

Dec 14, 2011 at 10:47 PM
galenapass
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Canon EOS 1D Mark II Battery Replacement

craigbess wrote:
Lenmar are the way to go, I've been using them for a couple of years and the still rocking strong.

+ 1

Used Lenmar when I had a 1DII. Great battery.

Dec 14, 2011 at 11:05 PM
WmPat
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Canon EOS 1D Mark II Battery Replacement

The Lenmar DMCE3 is available from BestBuy - ordered online for local in-store pickup - for $28.99, no shipping charge but perhaps sales tax depending on where you live.

Mine got here in about half the time the website promised.

Dec 14, 2011 at 11:43 PM
kjcramer
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Canon EOS 1D Mark II Battery Replacement

All I have for my is a Lenmar, seems to last forever. Just looked, I've got over 800 clicks since last charge in it's still showing half-full.

Dec 15, 2011 at 12:19 AM
vince_ross

p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Canon EOS 1D Mark II Battery Replacement

I have a couple of Lenmars and work great! I got mine from Amazon for about $30 including shipping.

edit: Here it is...

http://www.amazon.com/Lenmar-DMCE3-Equivalent-7084A001-Batteries/dp/B0007CIWZG/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=mobile-apps&ie=UTF8&qid=1323957306&sr=1-1-catcorr

Dec 15, 2011 at 08:54 AM
Daigen-za

p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Canon EOS 1D Mark II Battery Replacement

I also use Lenmars (have 2) purchased from Amazon.

The fit (at the front curved edge where the release push button is located) is not flush to the camera body like with my two Canon batteries.

First one purchased a year or so ago, shot an event 1300+ pictures with 1D2 and battery indicator still showed full.

Purchased second one a month ago, recently shot an event 700+ pictures with 1Ds2 and battery indicator shows full.

As recommended by a forum member in an older thread, prior to using a new battery I use the REFRESH option on the Canon charger, and then let it stay connected to the charger for a least a couple hours after the charger indicates the battery is fully charged. I actually let it continue another 4-5 hours or so.

The thought being that the charger will indicate the battery is fully charged when really it is only say perhaps 95% charged. So keep charging particularly for that first charge. Don't know how accurate this is but doesn't seem to have hurt my batteries, particularly my first Lenmar. The second Lenmar I haven't yet run to empty.

Dec 15, 2011 at 11:00 AM
JayDavis
• • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Canon EOS 1D Mark II Battery Replacement

Thanks everyone for the recommendation on the Lenmar batteries. I'll go check them out and probably order two of them tomorrow.

Great information.

Dec 15, 2011 at 10:09 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.