Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2011 · Mack Warrentys

kentvinyard
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Mack Warrentys

Any one here used the mack warrenty to have alens or camera repaired? How was the service? Just looking for info

Edited on Dec 14, 2011 at 04:24 PM · View previous versions

Dec 14, 2011 at 02:44 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Mack Warrentys

You might want to amend your title for this thread since a "Mac warranty" is very different from a "Mack warranty." I know the first but not the second. I imagine others who come across this topic would be confused as well. Good luck.

Dec 14, 2011 at 04:01 PM
kentvinyard
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Mack Warrentys

Thanks for the tip. Had just over looked that.
Kent

Dec 14, 2011 at 04:25 PM
Erik638

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Mack Warrentys

I have my Nikon D90 & a Nikon 24-70 both with warranties from them. What originally sold me is that they will fix accidental damage. I have used the warranty for both the camera and the lens. My D90 pop up flash as well as the view finder both had problems. I live near by so I went to there retail store and they had one of there techs look at it while I waited to see if it could be fixed on the spot. It could not. It had been there 8 business days and I was getting ready to leave for vacation somI decided to stop by. I spoke to one of the managers and he said he would see what he could do. He told me to call the next day and I did and he said to come on in and pick up the camera. When I got it everything had been fixed and was in good working order. Another time my camer had fallen with the lens mounted. Uv filter shattered and got stuck on the lens. Brought it right in and they removed it and cleaned the lens to make sure there was no scratches in it. Both times I was very happy with the service.

Dec 14, 2011 at 05:42 PM
GCasey
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Mack Warrentys

A few years ago I had their warranty for an EOS 3. I had mis-placed the warranty card and called them. They checked their records, and there was one day left on the warranty. They repaired the camera very quickly, under warranty. I was very pleased!

Dec 14, 2011 at 05:49 PM
thedruid
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Mack Warrentys

Ha Mack warranty, my experience I had to send in my D700 for repair under my Mack warranty. They sent it out for repair and FOUR months later I received it back! I had to buy another body to cover me and resell it after the repair came back.

Dec 14, 2011 at 06:41 PM
RRRoger
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Mack Warrentys

I sent in a camera they could not fix themselves and they sent it to Nikon.
I got it back in a few weeks working properly and no charge too.

PS It pays to shop around.
The price for the warranty can vary by a factor up to 3x

Edited on Dec 14, 2011 at 08:52 PM · View previous versions

Dec 14, 2011 at 08:50 PM
anthonysemone
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Mack Warrentys

www.squaretrade.com may be a useful alternative

Dec 14, 2011 at 08:52 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

ExtendedPuppet
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Mack Warrentys

I had a Mack warranty on a Sony DV cam a while ago. The tape transport stopped working on the camera, so I sent it to them. They sent it back to me in about 2 weeks, but all they did was clean the heads, and within 10 minutes it was giving me the same error. I called them about this, and they said to send it back to them, 2 weeks later I got the camera back... Same exact problem, all they did was clean the heads, and it still would not record or play tapes. I called again, and they gave me a story about how the service manager was out sick, and he would call me back. He never did, and I spent weeks trying to get through to someone, until finally, I got busy with school, and my warranty expired.... THANKS FOR NOTHING MACK CAMERA !!!

Dec 15, 2011 at 06:41 AM
ExtendedPuppet
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Mack Warrentys

oh, I just looked up Mack Camera on reseller ratings, in case your interested.

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Mack_Camera_Video_Service_The_Mack_Camera_Store

Dec 15, 2011 at 06:48 AM
kentvinyard
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Mack Warrentys

Thanks to every one for the replys. Looks like if you need repair it is sort of luck of the draw. Some people very happy some hate them. Hope I haven't made a mistake.
Kent

Dec 15, 2011 at 07:00 PM
runamuck
• • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Mack Warrentys

B&H now uses Sagemax. They used to use Mack. I wonder!

Dec 16, 2011 at 02:12 AM
mhayes5254
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Mack Warrentys

Eric
The normal warranty purchased for cameras does not cover any accidental damage. I had a D70 that they refused to cover. It stopped working and the case was cracked so they concluded it was dropped. I do not remember ever dropping it.

Dec 17, 2011 at 12:58 AM
RRRoger
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Mack Warrentys

mhayes5254 wrote:
Eric
The normal warranty purchased for cameras does not cover any accidental damage. I had a D70 that they refused to cover. It stopped working and the case was cracked so they concluded it was dropped. I do not remember ever dropping it.

probably damaged in shipping.
I sent a 70-200 to Nikon and someone dropped the package so hard the the filter and end element were cracked. USPS said I sent it in for repair, therefore it must have already been damaged and refused to pay the insurance.(like I would send something in with loose glass fragments in the packaging)

Dec 17, 2011 at 01:11 AM
Wm. Manther
• •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Mack Warrentys

Buying a Mack warranty was the worst waste of my money ever. They are super rude when you call them to check on a 2 month long repair for out of focus issues. They swear when I asked why they had to be so rude and hung up. Mack sent my camera body to Nikon, Melville, NY for repair and a person at Nikon did not encourage me to Mack again. Nikon has heard the Mack complaints before.

Nothing but trouble and a waste of time and money. Even the manager was sarcastic and rude. Total losers, everyone of them at Mack.

Dec 18, 2011 at 05:12 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password