Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2011 · Santa at the Door...

cgardner
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Santa at the Door...

In preparation for shooting my wife's choir concert at church with two cameras I got out the old 20D which has been benched since acquiring the 50D and took some shots around the house to get reacquainted with it using my 10-22 mm lens. Of all my lenses I have the most fun with 10-22mm because of the way it creates "seen by eye" normal perspective rendering in the middle with a combination of tilt and anastigmantic distortion on the edges. This is just one of those test shot, but I like it, despite the blown highlights, due to the way the lens rendered the perspective.

The concert shots, taken from a seat in the front row, worked out well be because we have really good theatre quality computerized stage lighting: LINK

Chuck

Dec 13, 2011 at 05:01 PM
RustyBug
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Santa at the Door...

I've always liked the foreshortening effect, but not so much the distortion. Santa is bringing me my first "tilt" lens (24mm) this week. I've been VERY GOOD this year ... at least that's what Santa thinks..

I should be able to either correct the distortion ... OR ... exaggerate it, once I learn how to use the darn thing.
The 10-22 sounds like a fun lens for crop bodies.

Dec 13, 2011 at 05:52 PM
sbeme
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · Santa at the Door...

My favorite (former) lens.
I still have a 50D which I keep for nature photography, but sold the 10-22 when I went predominantly full frame. Bought the 17-40 instead. At least for the copies I have owned, the 10-22 was sharper. Or maybe just more novel for awhile.
Great lens.
Scott

Dec 13, 2011 at 06:02 PM
cgardner
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · Santa at the Door...

RustyBug wrote:
I've always liked the foreshortening effect, but not so much the distortion.

I tend to notice the anastigmatic stretching on the long dimension more in horizontal shots than I do in portrait mode.

As for sharpness and contrast / resistance to internal flare the 10-22mm is on par with the 24-70mm L zoom I also have.

Dec 14, 2011 at 01:10 AM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password